[BA] Post Attachment to XFMG [Deleted]

Bill Arf

Bill Arf submitted a new resource:

[BA] Post Attachment to XFMG - Add user thread/post attachments to media gallary album.

[BA] Post Attachment to XFMG allows you to add attachments to media gallery.

When new attachment added in thread or post that will auto add user specific album in media gallery.
User specified album will auto generate, If not defined already and all attachments will linked to that album.

How It works:
That will work only with new Thread creation or Post a reply, the user who is performing that functionality will auto generate an album all all attachment will go to that album...

Read more about this resource...

If a user uploads an attachment and embeds it into the post using attach=full, what happens to the BB Code of the post after the attachment type is changed from post to XFMG? Does the attach=full BB code get automatically changed to a XFMG BB Code or something else?

If a user uploads an attachment and embeds it into the post using attach=full, what happens to the BB Code of the post after the attachment type is changed from post to XFMG? Does the attach=full BB code get automatically changed to a XFMG BB Code or something else?
No, When you insert an attachment to post or thread that will auto add media item in XFMG and user album.
(Started a private conversation in response to show you a demo)

If a user uploads an attachment and embeds it into the post using attach=full
When user add an attachment do whatever, And post thread or thread reply that attachment will sync to auto generated album.

When new attachment added in thread or post that will auto add user specific album in media gallery.
User specified album will auto generate, If not defined already and all attachments will linked to that album.
No, When you insert an attachment to post or thread that will auto add media item in XFMG and user album.
(Started a private conversation in response to show you a demo)

When user add an attachment do whatever, And post thread or thread reply that attachment will sync to auto generated album.
Bill, I created a test thread using the demo link you PM'ed me, thank you.

I may be misunderstanding something. When I create the thread and posted a reply to it the attachments were added to a Media album but it left the attachments in the posts ending up with duplicates, one in the post and one in the album. Is that the intended result? I was thinking that the post would be changed to embed the album image and not leave the post image so that there'd be no duplicates.

Thanks

one in the post and one in the album. Is that the intended result?
Kevin, the image is not being duplicating, there is references used b/w threads/posts and XFMG.

For example: If you add 1MB image in post, that will take only 1MB space but same image reference with use both sides,on attachment and on XFMG.
We are not duplicating the records.

I was thinking that the post would be changed to embed the album image and not leave the post image so that there'd be no duplicates.
Yes, The post image is not being duplicated. If you upload image of 1MB that will use both sides (on Attachment and in Album) but image will only one, and space occupied 1MB only.

I have a problem with the plugin.

If I go in as admin and edit a users or visitors post and upload attachments they show for a few minutes then disappear?

Please can you look at this asap?

They should be assigned to the user who's post is being edited/attached to at the moment I think they become assigned to no user and get lost and then don't show.

I sure like the sound of this one. It's something we have been looking for, a way to help tie in forum photos and the gallery photos together.

I look to purchase this once I get my forum upgraded from 1.5 to 2 this summer.

I would highly suggest you consider looking at converting existing attachments over.
I mentioned this when you released it and it seems that is the same view as others.

Issue I have with this is it would take some time for the gallery to populate, and it would feel like I've implemented half an improvement to the site.

IMO the uptake to this would be greater with that option.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
Add-ons removed by XenForo Limited for failing to comply with the Resource Standards. If you are using this add-on, please disable or uninstall it immediately.

• Sad
Reactions: frm
Top Bottom