[OzzModz] Auto Thread Thumbnail

[OzzModz] Auto Thread Thumbnail [Paid] 2.3.5 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
After updating XenForo to latest version 2.2.4, i get these in my error log.
  • ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Undefined variable $baseUrl
  • src/addons/xenbros/Threadthumbnail/Entity/Thread.php:42
Any idea what is wrong?
Thanks, Craig
It's getting wrong base url need to check.
Will revert back you in dm

Hello
Why did my licence expired ?
Do i have to renew it each year ??
Auto thread Thumbnail (expired)

Hi, is there any way to get the thumbnails to lazy load? Because at the moment, Google page speed test says that my "Time to interactive" is 9.9 seconds, which is crazy, and it's because of the thumbnails

BnKEZrl.png

and their suggestion to fix this is to lazy load the thumbnails

9S1kXf2.png

Hi, is there any way to get the thumbnails to lazy load? Because at the moment, Google page speed test says that my "Time to interactive" is 9.9 seconds, which is crazy, and it's because of the thumbnails

BnKEZrl.png

and their suggestion to fix this is to lazy load the thumbnails

9S1kXf2.png

I heavily doubt it's because of thumbnails. My thread_list pages load in under 2 seconds and I'm using this wonderful add-on as well. If I was you, I'd investigate further and fix the root cause. If, as you said, it's really because of this add-on, it would mean users are uploading HUUUUUUUGE pictures in their threads (like 3MB+ each) which is the root issue in this case.

But as I said above, I doubt it's because of this add-on. Check all your other add-ons which might cause such crazy load time and also, consider upgrading to a better host if all your forum, in general, is slow at loading.

@colcar @V3NTUS This is a problem which I stated already 1 Year ago, and i tried to solve it with explaining it and throwing money at him. We wrote via Chat, he fully understood the problem and as genius coder as he is, he found a much much better a genius solving to that.
He was going to downsize the pictures and merge them to a image sprite, even as base64 encoded. So you would have instead of x amount of request for each picture in orginal size, just one request and the answer would be a small base64 snippet. There is no better and genius solution I can think of which he explained. But he told also that he has more to do then time. Maybe he can say a price which we can pay together to get it up higher on his priority list?

My conversation in this thread, so that no one has to puzzle it together:
I wanted to first thank you for adding all the features and time you took, works everything still like a charm! :)

I have only one question, is it possible that it produces downsized thumbnails?
Because i use it for News Widget on the landingpage, and every aricle hast like 3mb picture together they summ up to 15mb, which is not good for SEO :p
I think this is important for SEO :S

Thanks for kind word of yours. and don't forget to review the addon if you really like it :) but i think it's already implemented to the node section as i remember :D
you can enable it for specific forum.
View attachment 218632
and about to make a specific thumbnail generate for every post and forum and also it's will be difficult for those forum who already have thousand of post before purchasing my addon. i don't think it's good idea it's just increase your forum size and also it's waste of some time. and if any one want larger image thumbnail or something like that they can increase the xenforo attachment thumbnail size by going in option

I have chosen that option now :p

But those pictures are catched urls, and are even proxy uploaded on my server, any image u post in my forum via a external URL gets downloaded, and proxied by me. So those aren't attachments which aren't handle't by xenforo core.

I am really ok with thumbnails using space since those are just kylobytes big, and space isn't a bottle neck anymore everybody has more spare gigs then they need.
But the SEO kill is harder for me to take and most of the people, as specially for those widgets, it is sad because i have like 5 little 24x24 pixel small images but they are taking 15Megabytes at pageload. (https://cryptoevo.de) which is really hard.

well sir it's general addon so i need think for everyone not for only one. and about the url i think you can use a separate addon that convert external image to attachment. andy have that addon so it's up to you now . but yeah if more user ask for that i will think more about this.
regards
Xenbros

Thank you for your open ear :p
Everyone would profit from SEO boost, slow pageload ist nr.1 reason for google downranking, and none of your customers want to be screw their SEO ranking.
I am sure even people who doesn't understand or know, want that feature, even if they can't vocalize their desire.
How much would you want to implement that in the offcial version?

How much? as best of course as image sprite.

No money on earth is enough? :p

Hello sir sorry for the delay in the message I am interested but I don't have enough time for the project already being in several projects. but those projects took a long time and I didn't expect that. so soo sorry for now. I will do the upgrade asap I get time.
regards
Xenbros

Please, I bought the Addon and it is slowing my page down, can you implemented that now?
I am willing to pay also extra to get higher priority on your list :)

ok, sir, i will do it :)

working on it will update once complete

Any predictable timeframe? :p because my page gets downranked because of slow page load.
Is there a way to fasten up your process with money to enable you more focus? :p

sorry sir but I am still not sure about the update in the given time I am stuck with some work
and can you once get in live chat when i am online so we can discuss more

It is now 5 months, you said that :)
Please I don't have much patients left, since I am waiting over 6 months for it, and my page is heavily slowed down.

Hope you find the time for it, and that all your projects went fluently with flow, and less effort needed as possible!

sure I am really sorry for that much delay and something things did not go as you planned that's called life
trying to get back to track already writen on my profile so please just little bit of patient after this we are will in full business

@colcar @V3NTUS This is a problem which I stated already 1 Year ago, and i tried to solve it with explaining it and throwing money at him. We wrote via Chat, he fully understood the problem and as genius coder as he is, he found a much much better a genius solving to that.
He was going to downsize the pictures and merge them to a image sprite, even as base64 encoded. So you would have instead of x amount of request for each picture in orginal size, just one request and the answer would be a small base64 snippet. There is no better and genius solution I can think of which he explained. But he told also that he has more to do then time. Maybe he can say a price which we can pay together to get it up higher on his priority list?

My conversation in this thread, so that no one has to puzzle it together:

I personally ended up using another "genius" idea by customizing the add-on in order to grab images from external sources and adding lazy loading so it's no longer an issue for my specific needs, as images now load asynchronously and are from external links so I'm ok with my current setup, otherwise I would've gladly helped you. But please note my setup is pretty unique so my solution sadly doesn't apply to most other forums out there.

On a technical mind:
A thing to keep in mind with your setup would be the resources consumption on your server due to having to generate a new combined image every time a user loads the page, and caching wouldn't be possible as threads keep changing every time. I'm not even considering base64 encoding as with so many images it's generally unadvisable to use base64 encoding/compression, but that would also add some overload on your server.

So, while this idea is definitely good, I'd not say it's genius as there are many drawbacks in my opinion, especially on big forums.

Saw your response to my review. In fairness to you, you might be right about the domain, because I believe I have changed it since I bought the addon. However, I did try to check this beforehand and could find no details as to what domain the license was activated on. There was a field for a website address, that does contain the current correct address, but no actual domain I could find associated with the license itself, and therefore no way to edit it. And obviously I wouldn't be paying to extend a license (or pay for a new one) for an addon that is no longer updated.

Maybe I was a little harsh with the review, and I might would delete it, or at least modify it, but unfortunately you responded to it, so now there's no way to do anything with it, at least from my end. I wasn't long out of bed and was just wanting to take the site offline very briefly to try something out, and it ended up turning into a long drawn out affair, which was frustrating. And I might have bothered trying to contact you first, but judging by your past lack of responses, I didn't think I was likely to hear back from you any time soon. Still, I should have probably at least tried before firing off the review.

Saw your response to my review. In fairness to you, you might be right about the domain, because I believe I have changed it since I bought the addon. However, I did try to check this beforehand and could find no details as to what domain the license was activated on. There was a field for a website address, that does contain the current correct address, but no actual domain I could find associated with the license itself, and therefore no way to edit it. And obviously I wouldn't be paying to extend a license (or pay for a new one) for an addon that is no longer updated.

Maybe I was a little harsh with the review, and I might would delete it, or at least modify it, but unfortunately you responded to it, so now there's no way to do anything with it, at least from my end. I wasn't long out of bed and was just wanting to take the site offline very briefly to try something out, and it ended up turning into a long drawn out affair, which was frustrating. And I might have bothered trying to contact you first, but judging by your past lack of responses, I didn't think I was likely to hear back from you any time soon. Still, I should have probably at least tried before firing off the review.
I understand sir but before try you can not come to outcome
I got bunch of message for support and I always reply them may be some people can confirm but yeah if you want to Modify anything about licence just need to leave the message to me and will get response
And I am trying my best to get back on track but things never goes as you planned

Regards
hemant

This add-on is extremely slow, since it's loading the full image and scrunching into a thumbnail size for each thread. Any ideas how to fix?

@hemant_bhardwaj

It even appears at the front end. What's it all about? :(

(Just found this error only appears when debug mode is on. It only appears on some pages of the forum.)
1639536010272.png

This is the line 50 of src/addons/xenbros/Threadthumbnail/Entity/Thread.php:

Code:
$attachmentUrl = $baseUrl . \XF::app()->router()->buildLink('attachments', $attachment);

Last edited:
A minute ago i have uploaded a file with 1500x1500 pixel.
XF has reduced the picture to 800x800 and 150x150;

Your thumbnail now uses the 800x800.

I am wondering about that. It should be the 150x150, right?

Top Bottom