[OzzModz] Auto Thread Thumbnail

[OzzModz] Auto Thread Thumbnail [Paid] 2.3.5 Patch Level 1

No permission to buy ($15.00)
That could be a issue on sites that show alot of threads on the thread list. Even so, 40 extra queries is alot.
Site set as 20 threads on thread list. Think it does 2 queries every thread, one looking for the 1st attachment and 2nd looking for embedded image in post. Just something to be wary of and so it's not something i'll use.

Site set as 20 threads on thread list. Think it does 2 queries every thread, one looking for the 1st attachment and 2nd looking for embedded image in post. Just something to be wary of and so it's not something i'll use.

Thanks for reporting your findings. 👍

Thanks for the information I will try to optimise it and regather then the attachment function is needed to check the attachment so it can't be ignored about first image URL query you can disable it

Any specific uninstall instruction? Any files need to be manually deleted? Or only uninstall from ACP?
only uninstall from Admin panel is fine no addition file. and about addon files you can delete it from the src/addon/hemant/threadthumbnail if you are using old addon src/addon/xenbros/Threadthumbnail

Is addon designed to use first attachment in thread or only first attachment in first message? For me it only uses first attachment in first message. If the first attachment of the thread is in the second message, then no thread thumbnail appears.

Is addon designed to use first attachment in thread or only first attachment in first message? For me it only uses first attachment in first message. If the first attachment of the thread is in the second message, then no thread thumbnail appears.
it's use first attchment of first post only but if you enable the first image thumbnail that it will use your first message first image for thumbnail . and even both are not present it's use Your Avatar by default

yeah, i understand that this addon currently does not provide the functionality i desire. was just asking if you are going to consider adding it.

basically, the addon just has to modify the image link in these metatags with the image link you are already fetching from thread content:

HTML:
<meta property="og:image" content="https://xenforo.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-logo-og.png" />
<meta property="twitter:image" content="https://xenforo.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-logo-og.png" />

thanks for considering it!

yeah, i understand that this addon currently does not provide the functionality i desire. was just asking if you are going to consider adding it.

basically, the addon just has to modify the image link in these metatags with the image link you are already fetching from thread content:

HTML:
<meta property="og:image" content="https://xenforo.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-logo-og.png" />
<meta property="twitter:image" content="https://xenforo.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/xenforo-logo-og.png" />

thanks for considering it!
i have already tried but the $thread function doesn't pass the value of Thread that's by this addon doesn't work in that way

Just installed this and I got 2 suggestions:
1. Generate thumbnails instead of placing the linked image itself as thumbnail. If the images are linked and not uploaded to the forum the node index will get huge. In my case it was 9,5MB on just the first page, so I had to disable that option.
2. If I change the first image in a thread, the thumbnail doesn't get updated right away. Is there a cron for that?
Other than that, it looks quite awesome if you have a part of a forum that's more about images rather than text.

Just installed this and I got 2 suggestions:
1. Generate thumbnails instead of placing the linked image itself as thumbnail. If the images are linked and not uploaded to the forum the node index will get huge. In my case it was 9,5MB on just the first page, so I had to disable that option.
2. If I change the first image in a thread, the thumbnail doesn't get updated right away. Is there a cron for that?
Other than that, it looks quite awesome if you have a part of a forum that's more about images rather than text.
Thanks for the suggestion will think about 1
and about second it's look a cache issues. this addon doesn't generate any thumbnail so i am sure it's cache.
Regards
hemant bhardwaj

Thanks, you were right about the browser cache.
Found one other issue tho. The settings for the width and height for the thumbnails are being used in the what's new overview and what's new posts (whats-new/posts) as well.
Did a quick fix by adding this to extra.less, but it's not a pretty fix.
Less:
.template-whats_new .structItem-cell--icon,
.template-whats_new_posts .structItem-cell--icon {
    width: 52px !important;
    a img {
        height: auto !important;
    }
}

Last edited:
I get this problem on what's new tab:
I'm using add-on thread grid 2.0.0 so I set the image at 100%

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).webp
    Screenshot (4).webp
    35.6 KB · Views: 17
Sorry for the delay in response .
I get this problem on what's new tab:
I'm using add-on thread grid 2.0.0 so I set the image at 100%
i will check it then i will revet back you too soon.
@hemant_bhardwaj also, it's much better if the add-on can generate a thumbnail for attachment and url images, I have this add-on, Thread Grid, and Latest thread, full sized image was loaded so it take long time if the connection is slow.
well yes not yet but i am already working on thumbnail generation i hope it will not take much time :)

@hemant_bhardwaj any chance to move thumbnail size to grid thread. So grid thread will have different thumbnail size, other nodes will have default thumbnail size in this add on
sorry for the late response some how I miss the notification of your message. yeah it look like a good idea i will check what i can do about this :)
Regards
Hemant Bhardwaj

Top Bottom