Lack of interest article improvement

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Luca_

hello, you have inserted a system of articles, but in my opinion complete, there is no possibility to set categories, also there are no ways to modify any grid layout. 4 squares and a rectangle and so on. I wanted to set articles as a homepage but the structure is useless. you had to take a cue from here https://demos.xenaddons.com/articles/

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Articles currently in XF are in reality a "by-product" (and a really crappy one) when compared to a true articles feature. It REALLY needs to be extended.. but when competing against @Bob's AMS add-on, it simply shows how severely it's lacking in its features/abilities. They might better be advised to try to cut some "moolah" loose for AMS and obtain it like they did with XFMG when Chris cam on-board as a developer.

Articles currently in XF are in reality a "by-product" when compared to a true articles feature. It REALL needs to be extended.. but when competing against @Bob's article add-on, it simply shows how severely it's lacking in it's features/abilities.
in fact i will buy bob's plugin on 10/25 out of desperation. The XF article system is practically useless.

also there are no ways to modify any grid layout.

The XF article system is practically useless.
Wait XF 2.3 maybe there will be a good surprise. 🤷‍♂️
Bob's AMS is great, but you still need to have content to publish in it!

I use articles out of box, but my article forums are pretty basic, short-run, themed (e.g. one member shared draft chapters of a book they are working on). And it works fine for that.

But, yeah, when I was looking at taking over the writing site where I publish my writing, I was definitely talking to Bob. It had basically all the features the writing site needed. Never happened as the owner went a different route, but it gave me a chance to look at AMS. Very good product if your focus is writing of any kind (articles, stories, etc.) And as long as it exists, not sure Xenforo should be putting in the effort. I can't see how they could do better short of making a first-party add-on for articles. Which means you still have to pay extra for it.

Wait XF 2.3 maybe there will be a good surprise. 🤷‍♂️
Bob's AMS is great, but you still need to have content to publish in it!
now I should buy the bob plugin, I hope that xf at least inserts the possibility of categorizing (absurd that they are missing) inserting widgets or grid customizations. it looks like something randomly placed there
I use articles out of box, but my article forums are pretty basic, short-run, themed (e.g. one member shared draft chapters of a book they are working on). And it works fine for that.

But, yeah, when I was looking at taking over the writing site where I publish my writing, I was definitely talking to Bob. It had basically all the features the writing site needed. Never happened as the owner went a different route, but it gave me a chance to look at AMS. Very good product if your focus is writing of any kind (articles, stories, etc.) And as long as it exists, not sure Xenforo should be putting in the effort. I can't see how they could do better short of making a first-party add-on for articles. Which means you still have to pay extra for it.
in fact I will be forced to buy that plugin, (I want to avoid installing and connecting wordppress); on october 25 i will buy that bob plugin. If XF implements a system equal to or better than bob's for $ 30 (I hope), I would have bought it already.

If XF implements a system equal to or better than bob's for $ 30 (I hope), I would have bought it already.
The only way I can see them doing better than AMS would be to buy AMS and make it a first party add-on. I really can't see them upping the out-of-box functionality to that level so I imagine that it will always be an add-on. And that's how Xenforo has worked and should work: Solid core with APIs and other hooks for extending it.

I hope that xf at least inserts the possibility of categorizing (absurd that they are missing) inserting widgets or grid customizations. it looks like something randomly placed there
You can already do all that with some HTML for the navigation block and the grid layout (as you can see with the link i provided in my previous message) and you can easily add widget on Articles pages.

Articles aren't that old on XF so they can't be as advanced as a specialized add-on.

i buy now !
You'll like it and the support is superb.
I really don't see XF doing anything as extensive as AMS, so if you want a good articles system you will be impressed.
I'm not doing anything exotic with it, and it works well for what I need.

Top Bottom