Lack of interest API enhancements - general stats, latest posts

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

janslu

I am currently using a hacky way to generate live updated data being used on https://www.babyboom.pl (scroll little above middle - there's a horizontal "widget" for forum). I'm getting number of users online using:
Code:
       $activityRepo = \XF::app()->repository('XF:SessionActivity');
        $onlineCount = $activityRepo->getOnlineCounts();
and few latest posts (title, poster, date, forum). It gives a nice feeling of live action on pages outside of forum.

I went through the api endpoints but it seems that this information is not available through API. Do you think you can make this kind of data available?

And other stats would be great - total number of users registered, total number of posts, threads, conversations, reactions. With this data available it would be easy to integrate XF with graphing tools like munin or others...

And in general - I would love to use API to be able to make an app to replace Tapatalk. This would be huge, and with comprehensive API, the main problem - bridging different technologies in secure way - would be solved.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom