Anyone else getting tons of messages from their hosting provider always pressuring to upsell hosting plans…?

Sounds like they're breaking the law. You could probably sue them and win if you were up for the time, effort and money to do it.
I don’t think I could sue them, it would cost more than it is worth. But I can leave them.

My wife is using Hostpapa as well for her Wordpress site and is constantly getting messages about throttling resources even though her site isn’t even live yet. Just from web crawlers mostly. I offered to host her site on my dedicated server but it’s to complicated for her to get on board. My advice get a dedicated server and you can get a free control panel. It’ll run you a bit more but is better in the long run.

I don’t think I could sue them, it would cost more than it is worth. But I can leave them.
Defo 100% leave them. In principle you could though, but I can understand that the barrier is likely to be too high, which is why unscrupulous operators like these take advantage of it.

@KL_D Bluehost sound like a bunch of crooks. You're well shot of them.

btw, XenForo use Vultr for their cloud products, so you might want to look at them to create your own hosting. They offer a similar service to AWS, but are cheaper and really good. I've been on cloud for about a year and it's been bulletproof, with no downtime. You may also want to look at XF Cloud, but be aware that you will lose all server access, something which I miss.
No way, vultr was the first ever cloud provider I used! haha.

Reactions: FTL
Top Bottom