Anybody care for some wine?

TPerry

Go down to the office where I volunteer work on their computers. We are in process of converting to a new EMR (medical records management software) there. Having to place current EMR data on an external drive to ship to new provider so they can begin a test conversion. Happen to go up to the server room to put a sticker on the KVM of the switch locations. As I walk upstairs, I hear what sounds like a bunch of jet fighter engines coming from the server room.

First thing in my mind is "Oh crap". Open the door and and that thought is confirmed. The dedicated AC unit for the server room has shut off and it's over 100°F in the room and the fans are going full tilt boogie on all the servers. Told them we needed an alarm for that very reason in the room that sent alerts. Get the AC back to working and grab a BAF (big arsed fan) that I had left for the Dr. to use during the summer when he was doing work in his garage and had forgotten to pick back up and fire it up. About 40 minutes later the room is back to it's nice comfy 64°F temp.

Bad thing... the Dr. had also been storing wine in a rack in the server room (had warned him about THAT also) but it was "always cool in there" so...
Well, there are corks all over the floor and about 8 different types of wine spread out (luckily no outlets on the floor) and about 13 more bottles with the corks almost completely out.
Luckily they were cheaper wines - his good stuff was at his house in the wine cooler there.

The Dr.'s are out of town so I get it all cleaned up and the office manager gives them a call to let them know what happened. On the agenda for Monday - contacting the alarm company to have a monitoring system installed and an emergency exhaust vent to vent out the air if internal temps exceed a set amount.

Go down to the office where I volunteer work on their computers. We are in process of converting to a new EMR (medical records management software) there. Having to place current EMR data on an external drive to ship to new provider so they can begin a test conversion. Happen to go up to the server room to put a sticker on the KVM of the switch locations. As I walk upstairs, I hear what sounds like a bunch of jet fighter engines coming from the server room.

First thing in my mind is "Oh crap". Open the door and and that thought is confirmed. The dedicated AC unit for the server room has shut off and it's over 100°F in the room and the fans are going full tilt boogie on all the servers. Told them we needed an alarm for that very reason in the room that sent alerts. Get the AC back to working and grab a BAF (big arsed fan) that I had left for the Dr. to use during the summer when he was doing work in his garage and had forgotten to pick back up and fire it up. About 40 minutes later the room is back to it's nice comfy 64°F temp.

Bad thing... the Dr. had also been storing wine in a rack in the server room (had warned him about THAT also) but it was "always cool in there" so...
Well, there are corks all over the floor and about 8 different types of wine spread out (luckily no outlets on the floor) and about 13 more bottles with the corks almost completely out.
Luckily they were cheaper wines - his good stuff was at his house in the wine cooler there.

The Dr.'s are out of town so I get it all cleaned up and the office manager gives them a call to let them know what happened. On the agenda for Monday - contacting the alarm company to have a monitoring system installed and an emergency exhaust vent to vent out the air if internal temps exceed a set amount.
Sounds like it could have been a whining party if you hadn't caught it when you did.

Classic story of penny-wise and pound-foolish.

And you're volunteering as well. Good job! (y)

Top Bottom