Allow Guest To View Media?

Jahsun

Hello,
I am wondering if there is a setting i am missing and would like someone to help me please. In my Unregistered / Unconfirmed and my Registered group i have permissions set to allow for view media and view albums but guest still cannot view media as guest only when i log in.

This is what you see as a guest.

view-media-guest-no.webp

When you click on the "media items 1" this is what you get as a guest:
view-media-member.webp

This is the current settings for guest and registered:
view-media-registered.webp
view-media-album-registered.webp

My first settings was to allow registered and "not set" for guest but that was not working.
I am using the latest xenforo 1.4.4
all addon disabled except for XMG 1.0.2 and RM 1.1.5

I also tried rebuilding caches but nothing changed.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Have you checked the view permissions for any albums that are in your gallery? Guests will only see any albums that have View Media set to Everyone

upload_2015-2-13_15-27-31.webp

As for media in Categories, make sure in ACP > Applications > Gallery Categories that for each category you have either this set:

upload_2015-2-13_15-31-3.webp

or if you have Selected User Groups checked that you have Unregistered/Unconfirmed ticked.

Also make sure that you have this permission set for Unregistered/Unconfirmed

upload_2015-2-13_15-33-42.webp

We never allowed guests to view photos or other attachments on VB. They take up huge bandwidth, and we want to encourage members. Just a thought.

We never allowed guests to view photos or other attachments on VB. They take up huge bandwidth, and we want to encourage members. Just a thought.
Not all media is photos. Much on my site are videos from YouTube and elsewhere so bandwidth is negligible on these pages.

Making some media visible to guests can be beneficial, letting them see an active site that they may want to join. Some members only areas are useful of course. It's up to each site to determine the best approach for their needs.

Ahh yes..how did i miss that :(. Everything above checked except category view.
upload_2015-2-13_15-33-42-png.98285

Thank you very much Martok for your time and assistance once again.

Yes, we allow youtube videos to be seen, and other things that don't use our resources. But we had guests downloading 100 files (before we placed a limit), and that killed bandwidth.
There is a "teaser" program on VB called "limited guest access", don't know if they have it for XF yet. Guests can see a number of posts you set then have to join.

Top Bottom