All should be an option when selecting forums to enable modifications/features.

ekool

I've been dealing with this for years but I figure there should be a better way. For example, let's say I install a modification that needs to be enabled for individual forums. By default most modifications default to "none" -- but let's say I want to enable it on all forums. I get to click the top forum and scroll down to the bottom while holding shift and select all the forums.

Now the modification is enabled on all the forums I have.

However, in the future, if I add an additional forum or forums, they will not be enabled by default. I have to remember to go into every modification or system setting anytime I add a forum and enable it. This is easy to forget and/or miss in the future every time I add a forum.

There should also be an option at the top of the selector upon install.

All
None
Otherwise, select specific forums you want.

TLDR; please add an "all" option next to the existing "none" option to make future forum additions less painless.

Last edited:
Upvote 8
None technically exists in some areas (I'm assuming the add-on dev would just need to include it)
(prefix as an example)
1714753256242.webp

So an easy "all" would be nice. Select all selects only the forums at the time of the edit. If you make any new forums, you'd need to go back and edit it again.

None technically exists in some areas (I'm assuming the add-on dev would just need to include it)
(prefix as an example)
View attachment 302149

So an easy "all" would be nice. Select all selects only the forums at the time of the edit. If you make any new forums, you'd need to go back and edit it again.

100% this is what I'm asking them to add. The "all" option exactly for the reason you specify. We have about 6 modifications, and some stock xenforo behavior that you have to remember to do this on every single time you add a forum :(

100% this is what I'm asking them to add. The "all" option exactly for the reason you specify. We have about 6 modifications, and some stock xenforo behavior that you have to remember to do this on every single time you add a forum :(
Sorry, thought you were also suggesting none. Already upvoted and would love to see it implemented.

Top Bottom