[OzzModz] Gamer Profiles

[OzzModz] Gamer Profiles 3.0.0 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Just upgraded an old XenForo 1.4 forum running PixelEdit Gamer Profiles 1.0.3 (the original add-on that AH Gamer Profiles is based on) to XenForo 2.2 + [AH] Gamer Profiles 3.0.0. As expected, the result is a mess. 🙈

There are now duplicate custom user fields for pretty much everything, e.g. Twitch, Xbox, Steam etc, but of course the old values did not carry over since they have different field IDs. For example, PixelEdit named his fields twitchUserProfile, xboxliveUserProfile, steamUserProfile while @Matt C.'s fields are called ah_twitch, ah_xbox, ah_steam.

There are two possible solutions I am considering:
  • Rename the PixelEdit table columns in MySQL to match the ah_xxx convention
  • Copy data from the PixelEdit tables to the new ah_ tables, one at a time
Any thoughts on this? For the second solution, I could use help with queries (I assume the renaming method can be done in phpMyAdmin without queries).

Just upgraded an old XenForo 1.4 forum running PixelEdit Gamer Profiles 1.0.3 (the original add-on that AH Gamer Profiles is based on) to XenForo 2.2 + [AH] Gamer Profiles 3.0.0. As expected, the result is a mess. 🙈

There are now duplicate custom user fields for pretty much everything, e.g. Twitch, Xbox, Steam etc, but of course the old values did not carry over since they have different field IDs. For example, PixelEdit named his fields twitchUserProfile, xboxliveUserProfile, steamUserProfile while @Matt C.'s fields are called ah_twitch, ah_xbox, ah_steam.

There are two possible solutions I am considering:
  • Rename the PixelEdit table columns in MySQL to match the ah_xxx convention
  • Copy data from the PixelEdit tables to the new ah_ tables, one at a time
Any thoughts on this? For the second solution, I could use help with queries (I assume the renaming method can be done in phpMyAdmin without queries).

I think the renaming method would be sufficient. I would not suggest doing it on a live install first, rather on a test install to make sure it goes smoothly.

Do you have an large forum or is it small? One of the options, is just letting users fill in their profiles again after uninstalling PixelExit's version. You can tell them that they didn't carry over with the upgrade to 2.x.

I'll be honest, I've been out of the game for a while, and I'm not too familiar with MySQL queries. I could do some research, but I would rather someone else chime in who has experience with MySQL, because I don't want to screw anything up.

Hey guys.

I apologize for not doing this sooner, but the reality is, I'm not just not interested in maintaining this add-on anymore. I've lost interest in the forum space other than checking in to see how things are going.

If anyone wants to take this add-on over, feel free to reach out and we can arrange the transfer. Before anyone requests to take it over, the only requirement I have is that it remains free. This add-on is originally a port of someone else's add-on and that's why I never charged for it.

Hey guys.

I apologize for not doing this sooner, but the reality is, I'm not just not interested in maintaining this add-on anymore. I've lost interest in the forum space other than checking in to see how things are going.

If anyone wants to take this add-on over, feel free to reach out and we can arrange the transfer. Before anyone requests to take it over, the only requirement I have is that it remains free. This add-on is originally a port of someone else's add-on and that's why I never charged for it.
I'd suggest perhaps reaching out to @Ozzy47 of OzzModz to take this over?

It's too bad this isn't being updated anymore, I loved having it to show lil profiles for my Steam& PSN stuff.

I've also been getting a TON of template errors from the addon, so hopefully someone can take it over to update it.
1695609231129.webp

I have already uninstalled the addon since it was flooding my error log.

Hey guys.

This is a really great add-on and I don't know of any alternatives. Would anyone be interested in taking over for Matt? @Ozzy47 @AndyB

To update the Twitter icon to the new X logo, edit the ah_gamerprofiles_svg template and replace the Twitter code with this. Doesn't look fantastic, but it replaces the blue bird at least.

Code:
<xf:comment>Twitter</xf:comment>
<xf:macro name="twitter">
    <svg viewBox="0 0 1668.56 1221.19">
        <path d="M283.94,167.31l386.39,516.64L281.5,1104h87.51l340.42-367.76L984.48,1104h297.8L874.15,558.3l361.92-390.99
            h-87.51l-313.51,338.7l-253.31-338.7H283.94z M412.63,231.77h136.81l604.13,807.76h-136.81L412.63,231.77z"/>
    </svg>
</xf:macro>

After having a conversation with @Ozzy47, he will be taking over this add-on. I am grateful that is willing to continue development of this add-on so that the community can benefit. He has agreed to keep this add-on free.

Please be patient with him, as he will probably not be able to implement suggestions immediately.

To update the Twitter icon to the new X logo, edit the ah_gamerprofiles_svg template and replace the Twitter code with this. Doesn't look fantastic, but it replaces the blue bird at least.

Code:
    <svg viewBox="0 0 1668.56 1221.19">
        <path d="M283.94,167.31l386.39,516.64L281.5,1104h87.51l340.42-367.76L984.48,1104h297.8L874.15,558.3l361.92-390.99
            h-87.51l-313.51,338.7l-253.31-338.7H283.94z M412.63,231.77h136.81l604.13,807.76h-136.81L412.63,231.77z"/>
    </svg>

Still tweaking the X logo. Instead of writing in your own SVG code, you can get a nicer-looking icon by using XenForo's built-in template tag:

Code:
    {{ x_logo() }}

You may want to adjust the icon's size because XenForo's default X icon appears bigger than some of AH icons, resulting in an unbalanced look.

icons1.webp

You can resize it via CSS by inserting this in extra.less:

Code:
/*Resize X icon in Message User Info*/
.ah-gp-icon--twitter {
  transform: scale(0.85);
}

icons 2.webp

I am also trying to resize the icon in the member tooltip popup but can't find the right selector. The icon is nested in several subcontainers.

.ah-gp-memberTooltip .ah-gp-icon.ah-gp-icon--twitter, .tooltip--member .ah-gp-icon--twitter

Any idea which one to use?

I've had this running for a bit and haven't rub across any issues. What issues are you users having?

Off the top of my head

• Many logos are not linked to the social profiles and have a tooltip on hover instead of being clickable
  • Some big networks are still missing (e.g. reddit)
  • Some logos are not up to date (Twitter, Facebook)

Many logos are not linked to the social profiles and have a tooltip on hover instead of being clickable

Would you mind providing me a list of where they are supposed to link to? I don't have any gaming sites or profiles so I'm clueless as to where they are.

Top Bottom