[TH] Advanced Thread Archiver [Deleted]

The node selection drop-downs have a very strange sort order and no indentation. If you have 3 forums titled 'Archived' (as sub-forums under their relevant forum), they all appear at the bottom of the lists with the same name, so you have no idea which is the correct one to select. Suggest that the drop-down lists are populated the same as /admin.php?forums/add
@Jake B. Will you be updating to address this issue?

this is a great and sorely needed plugin! if i could make two suggestions:

1. add the ability to hard delete soft deleted threads after x days
2. add the ability to archive threads with a specific thread prefix

that would be bad ass :)

A very nice add-on, especially for those that dedicate a node to a community classifieds. Helps cleanup personal ads that are quickly dated.

Thanks Jake.

Very nice...

My only suggestion is that it needs a larger function for capacity to run on initial setup, i.e. automatically keep going until the cron has locked every old thread / performed the desired archive function. Installing this into a large forum, based on default cron limitations, means it will take months to actually lock all old threads with their last post two years old.

Need an initial run / automatically keep running to lock everything between runs.

Yes, I'm getting around the limitation at present with 1 minute runs... but that is still going to take a lot of hours for the initial process to occur.

Doesn't seem to work. I set it to 90 days and soft delete but I am still seeing threads that should have been deleted. Ran the cron job manually several times. Nothing happens.

estranged, look at the oldest pages of the forum you have set to soft delete. As has been discussed, it handles 100 threads each time the job runs and it seams to start with the oldest threads first. If you have a lot of threads in that forum, it'll take a while to catch up. The forum I applied this against had 17K threads so I set the cron to run every 1 minute and left it like that for a day until it was done.

That's how I check if they were deleted or not (is there another way? :) )However nothing is deleted. Not even one thread.

If I set Max age to 0 and Max age last post to 365 would that only effect dormant posts with replys over 1 year.

In other words does setting 0 disable Max age?

Getting one of these every hour.

Screen Shot 2015-02-07 at 10.38.23.webp

It was working fine for 1 node, but when I added 3 more rules, it started throwing that error.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a universal option to apply a rule to the entire site, rather than having to go through each and every forum to apply. I'm an Admin on a site with over 400 nodes and subnodes and the thought of setting this for each node does not fill me with warm fuzzies.

What exactly isn't working about it? It should work fine on 1.5. Nothing changed that I'm aware of that would have broken this.

Jake

it's just not removing threads. i've ran it several times and nothing happens. i've generally had it set to remove threads in a particular node with no replies for six months. i have a ton of threads with no replies that are just over a year old.

Have you ensured to isolate other add-ons from this to ensure the "not working" element is in fact caused by this modification? I can't see why this wouldn't work as nothing has really changed in the areas upon which this operates. Just a heads up to other mods that could be in conflict ;)

Top Bottom