Admin Discount | Coupons for Webmasters

MrJohn

I am looking for feedback on my new forum, Admin Discount. I was searching the web one day for good hosting coupons, and realized that the websites I was finding were littered with affiliate links and never actually had any coupons.

So I set out on a mission to create a community based on verified coupons that webmasters can use to get that little extra savings.

Anywho, looking for feedback on the design, page speed, and overall feel of the site.

http://www.admindiscount.com

Like the website. Like the idea behind it. Went to the hostgator thread for coupons and I recommend something like this on the end of each coupon code. People are going to want to know when the last time that coupon was verified. It's one of the great things about "RetailMeNot" and websites like that, you know when the last time someone successfully used that coupon code was.

You may also want to look at the "Reactions" add-on and see if you can potentially hire someone to allow a date to be thrown onto a reaction. That would allow people who successfully used the coupon today to "Thumbs Up" it and have the date listed too... IDK just thoughts.

Overall a clean website, well done.

1519746704737.webp

@rtr2006

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. I will look into perhaps getting a custom add-on for this. I can see how it would be helpful if users could see when the coupons last worked. Right now I am relying on the "report" function from users to move expired coupons to the expired category. But that won't be accurate.

I'll look into it and see what I can come up with. :)

@rtr2006

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. I will look into perhaps getting a custom add-on for this. I can see how it would be helpful if users could see when the coupons last worked. Right now I am relying on the "report" function from users to move expired coupons to the expired category. But that won't be accurate.

I'll look into it and see what I can come up with. :)
I'd suggest adding a notice which asks's users to report any broken or expired coupons to see if that helps at all.

Excellent suggestion @Dalton Prock ! I appreciate the time you took looking at my site. I have added a notice, as I think it will serve the purpose. I am using a floating one right now that can be dismissed or goes away after 10 seconds.

Hopefully this does the trick and is not too much of an eye soar for guests.

Top Bottom