XF 2.1 Admin CP Access

Alfuzzy

I'm setting up user groups & permissions for my new XF 2.1 install (which is a migration from a vB4 site). More specifically I'm setting up Admins & Super Moderators.

My question is...do staff members setup as Moderators/Super Moderators have access to the XF 2.1 AdminCP...or is this strictly for staff members in the Admin/Super Admin usergroup? These Moderator members have also been added to the Staff Moderator list in the XF AdminCP.

The reason I ask...in my vB4 website...staff members in the moderator & admin user groups both had access to the vB4 AdminCP...difference being each had different Admin Tools available to them.

Thanks

Just so I understand 100%. Only staff members that are in the Administrator user group have access to the AdminCP...and anyone in the Moderator usergroup...do not have AdminCP access. Is this correct?

If I wanted these Super Moderators to have access to a limited amount of AdminCP functions...would I make them part of the Admin usergroup...then add them to the Admin list in the AdminCP...but then set their badge & title as "Moderator"?

Maybe I could create a 2nd Admin usergroup & call it Admin 2 (as an example)...and this group would contain Super Moderators with limited AdminCP tool access.

Thanks

Access to the AdminCP is not determined by a UserGroup. A SuperAdmin (typically the forum owner, say) has to allocate Administrators using the AdminCP itself. That is quite separate from UserGroup assignment and permissions.

Access to the AdminCP is not determined by a UserGroup. A SuperAdmin (typically the forum owner, say) has to allocate Administrators using the AdminCP itself. That is quite separate from UserGroup assignment and permissions.

Sorry...I probably didn't explain things well. I do have a list of assigned Moderators & an assigned list of Admins. I probably shouldn't have used the usergroup terminology.

To clarify, user groups and permissions apply to the front end only.

It is the moderator and administrator status which determines whether a member can moderate content or access the ACP.

Administrators can have their permissions within the ACP limited by setting them as a regular administrator and checking/unchecking the areas as required.

To clarify, user groups and permissions apply to the front end only.

It is the moderator and administrator status which determines whether a member can moderate content or access the ACP.

Administrators can have their permissions within the ACP limited by setting them as a regular administrator and checking/unchecking the areas as required.

Thank you. This answer helps. I think the confusion for me stems from there being a default user group called "Administrative" and them not having anything to do with the Administrative Control Panel.

I would suggest to maybe remain this default group to something without the word "Admin*" in it.

Top Bottom