Add-on Addon Req: modify index page to show normal index page but replace forum nodes with recent threads (what-new)

entelechy

Currently both my index page and my forums page show the same thing - some custom elements above the node list and sidebar.

What I want to achieve on the index page is the same custom elements and sidebar, but replacing the forum nodes with the list of threads from whats-new.

Replacing the index in Basic Information with "whats-new" instead of "forums/" doesn't work, because it changes the whole page and removes the custom elements above the node list which I want to keep.

Contact if you can build this addon and for further details.

Seems like you just need to do route navigation of /whats-new/ to / to show whats-new as the "home" and your forums at /forums

"Replacing the index in Basic Information with "whats-new" instead of "forums/" doesn't work, because it changes the whole page and removes the custom elements above the node list which I want to keep."

ie. I don't want the root url to display the whole whats-new page, I want it to display most of the forums page, but with the forum nodes replaced with the threads from what's new. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: frm
Navigate to Setup > Options > Forums default page and set that new threads or new posts or whatever it is. You can use the widget position for Forum Overview Wrapper instead of Forum List (which will add them to both the forum list as well as the new posts page). Alternatively, checkout this Trending add-on which does the same think your suggesting, but with trending threads instead of newest https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/trending

Top Bottom