XF 2.1 Added a page node, linked it to navigation and subnav menu isn't showing.

sross

Hi,

I'm not sure why this is happening. Maybe it is my custom uix2 style but when i go to this new page node, it loads fine, the main nave tab highlights fine, but there is no subnav to be found. The subnav is fine on all other pages. Any ideas? Thanks!

It's not clear, at least to me, whether you've already added the page to your public navigation (in your admin)...? Or if you have, if you enabled "Display children in navigation" if you're wanting to display a page's children.

It's not clear, at least to me, whether you've already added the page to your public navigation (in your admin)...? Or if you have, if you enabled "Display children in navigation" if you're wanting to display a page's children.
well, normal forum pages:

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.22.30 PM.webp

my page node page

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 1.22.44 PM.webp

just no sub navigation. I added the pagenode to my navigation and everything seems to work aside from the subnav bar missing. thanks

Well, any pages/nodes you want to appear beneath Home would have to be added in your public navigation. Have you done that?
As far as I know, I have done that, have added test code to the page and it shows up. Everything seems fine aside from subnav being gone but maybe I am missing something?

Last edited:
ok well have spent an entire day trying to get this to work, probably tried every variation possible, followed documentation as well, guess I will raise a support ticket 😐

I helped him out last night. He was setting a custom home page node to the parent navigation entry: "Home" which by default has no sub-navigation links assigned to it. Few ways around it I suppose, one was to simply add whatever links he wanted to the "home" navigation item.

Ah. So...he created Home first in the navigation and was then trying to create the actual home page under it? Rhetorical question! Just glad you got it sorted out. (y)

Ah. So...he created Home first in the navigation and was then trying to create the actual home page under it? Rhetorical question! Just glad you got it sorted out. (y)

If I recall Home is like this by default in XF:

Screenshot_2.webp

So... if you use a page node, set it to that tab and set your Home Page URL to it, Home will show in your navigation and link to the page but if it has no children nodes there will be no navigation links in the sub-nav.

Top Bottom