Lack of interest Add search constraints to quick search on watched list pages

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

marquisite

Adding content-specific search constraints to the watched lists for threads and forums (plus XFRM and XFMG watch lists) would be useful.

Example:

Imagine that you are browsing through your list of watched threads for something in particular and cannot find it, then realise that you must have forgotten to watch it. Or perhaps a particular watched thread's title reminds you of something else that you've seen but haven't watched (yet). At this point, the quick search form won't give you the option to only search within forum threads.

As there are separate watched templates for each content type, this mostly appears simple enough to implement:
  • XFMG: Add <xf:macro template="xfmg_page_macros" name="xfmg_page_options" /> to each of the three xfmg_watched_* templates.
  • XFRM: My licence doesn't cover Resource Manager, so I can't say with confidence what edits would be necessary to add the search constraints. I assume the template edits would be similar to XFMG's, i.e. add XFRM's page options macro (if there is one) to each of the resources and resource category watched lists.
  • XenForo: There is something extra to consider: The forum_page_options macro requires a forum argument for the "This forum" constraint. In this instance, this wouldn't be applicable and only the "Threads" constraint would be desired. If this macro were altered to make the forum argument optional (and to check whether it has been provided), <xf:macro template="forum_macros" name="forum_page_options" /> could then be added to watched_forums_list and watched_forums_list.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom