Duplicate Add ignore forum to new posts filter

Mr Lucky

Some of my members have suggested that it would be good if certain forums could be ignored in the new post filter.

I think this might be very useful, not sure how it would be done (maybe a dropdown of forums within the filter?)

I'm aware an admin can exclude forums from new posts, but this suggestion is for a user's personal preference of which forums to exclude.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can chose with Shift, Strg pressed more forums, and don't mark the one you do not want listed.

I have as example taken out news, since its "spammy" and made a own "recent threads" for it.

You can chose with Shift, Strg pressed more forums, and don't mark the one you do not want listed.

I have as example taken out news, since its "spammy" and made a own "recent threads" for it.

I don't understand. There is no list of forums in the New posts filter. (If there was I would be happy!)

Screenshot 2019-07-13 at 09.47.04.png

What is Strg????

== CTRL Key 😮

OK, but are you able to explain how it is relevant to this suggestion? re the new posts filter, thanks.

...admin.php?nodes/

Disable
  • Include threads from this forum when users click "New posts" If disabled, threads from this forum will never appear in the list of new / unread posts.
hth
I'm aware of that, see the OP:

I'm aware an admin can exclude forums from new posts, but this suggestion is for a user's personal preference of which forums to exclude.

This is a suggestion for users to be able to define their own personal preference for ignoring forums in the filter.

Nothing to do with admin settings.

The 2nd most popular suggestion is an ignore function for Forums & Threads:

This works globally so ignored content doesn't display in What's New, etc. User selectable.

If I understand correctly that isn’t what i’m suggesting which is the post from chosen forums are ignorable in new posts, but would still show in forum thread list

Top Bottom