XF 2.2 Ad placement – a widget for ads?

Hotfix

Are there solutions from showing ads aesthetically?

Like is it possible to create a seperate widget for advertisement and place a Google ad inside it?

I enabled Google adsense and I turned auto-ads on.

My forums looked horrible until I disabled it.

AutoAds make every forum look hideous. Disable AutoAds and use ACP >> Setup >> Advertising to place AdSense ads where yopu weant them displayed.

For the widget question, the answer is yes: create a new widget using type HTML and post your AdSense script in that widget. Among other things, this is useful for displaying vertical ad formats in sidebars, although you can also use them to display ads in other locations.

AutoAds make every forum look hideous. Disable AutoAds and use ACP >> Setup >> Advertising to place AdSense ads where yopu weant them displayed.

For the widget question, the answer is yes: create a new widget using type HTML and post your AdSense script in that widget. Among other things, this is useful for displaying vertical ad formats in sidebars, although you can also use them to display ads in other locations.
Let's see if my technical skills are good enough to make it happen.

Feel free to post details of your attempts don't seem to be working. Bear in mind that when you make changes to AdSense ads those changes do not appear immediately on your site. There is a delay on Google's side.

Feel free to post details of your attempts don't seem to be working. Bear in mind that when you make changes to AdSense ads those changes do not appear immediately on your site. There is a delay on Google's side.
How bonkers am I for thinking that editing the code of someone else's add-on is a good idea?

I managed to create sidebar ads.

I copied the script from this thread

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...age-and-bottom-add-has-showing-issues.189963/

1. Opened setup > advertising
2. Created a new ad
3. set the placement to container: sidebar below
4. Pasted the script in the HTML field

Now I have ads on the sidebar.

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Top Bottom