[TH] CTA Featured Threads Widget [Deleted]

any screenshot available?
All it does currently is list out hyperlinked featured threads titles.

@Audentio Design anty plans on expanding on this widget to display a small icon/image as per what the FT&P setting is for that featured thread? Also perhaps expanding on the types of renderers so that it can display the full featured thread including snippet, so that it can be used in main content widget positions and not just the sidebar?

Not entirely sure what this widget is supposed to be showing?

My most recent featured threads
c5f3ede9_o.webp

What your widget lists....just looks like a random selection of featured threads? (using the BD Framework render)
Forums_General_Chatter_-_2015-03-20_15.44.12.webp

any screenshot available?

Oops, will add one in.

All it does currently is list out hyperlinked featured threads titles.

@Audentio Design anty plans on expanding on this widget to display a small icon/image as per what the FT&P setting is for that featured thread? Also perhaps expanding on the types of renderers so that it can display the full featured thread including snippet, so that it can be used in main content widget positions and not just the sidebar?

We whipped it together in just a few minutes so we didn't add any features to it, just thought someone might want a basic feed. But I think we can add this in sure, it can be useful. We'll add

[] Show Avatar
[] Show date
[] Show author's username

This sound good?

As for other renders, since FT already has such powerful functionality, this was mainly just for a quick sidebar block I guess.

Not entirely sure what this widget is supposed to be showing?

My most recent featured threads
View attachment 101765

What your widget lists....just looks like a random selection of featured threads? (using the BD Framework render)
View attachment 101766

Eek! Will check this out.

Try using getFeaturedThreadsByDate or getFeaturedThreadsByThreadDate, depending on how you want to order them.

You're currently using getFeaturedThreads which is not ideal as that is the query used pre-permission checks, which has ordering based on slider date.

Try using getFeaturedThreadsByDate or getFeaturedThreadsByThreadDate, depending on how you want to order them.

You're currently using getFeaturedThreads which is not ideal as that is the query used pre-permission checks, which has ordering based on slider date.
Thank you very much, will do. Sorry for the trouble.

Getting errors with the update...

Trying to edit the widget gives me this error
Template Errors: wf_widget_edit
  1. Illegal string offset 'raw' in /home/xxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(265) : eval()'d code, line 197:
    196: ';
    197: $__compilerVar1 .= XenForo_Template_Helper_Admin::textBoxUnit('Conditional', htmlspecialchars($namePrefix, ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8') . 'conditional[raw]', htmlspecialchars($options['conditional']['raw'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8'), array(
    198: 'explain' => '

Trying to save the widget also gives me this error
The following error occurred
The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

Console details
"PHP string(5) "limit"
int(5)
string(9) "tab_group"
string(0) ""
string(10) "expression"
string(0) ""
string(11) "conditional"
array(1) {
["raw"]=>
string(0) ""
}
string(21) "deactivate_for_mobile"
int(0)
{"_redirectStatus":"ok","_redirectTarget":"http:\/\/www.generalchatter.co.uk\/admin.php?widgets\/#_151","_redirectMessage":"Your changes have been saved.","_visitor_conversationsUnread":"0","_visitor_alertsUnread":"0"}"

And forum index gives me this error at the top
Template Errors: adctaftwidget_widget
  1. htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxx/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.24,L.1,adctaftwidget_widget.php, line 11
  2. htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxx/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.24,L.1,adctaftwidget_widget.php, line 11
  3. htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxx/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.24,L.1,adctaftwidget_widget.php, line 11
  4. htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxx/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.24,L.1,adctaftwidget_widget.php, line 11
  5. htmlspecialchars() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/xxx/public_html/internal_data/templates/S.24,L.1,adctaftwidget_widget.php, line 11

Getting errors with the update...

Trying to edit the widget gives me this error

Trying to save the widget also gives me this error

Console details

And forum index gives me this error at the top

I've just fixed this and reuploaded the package.

Regards,

Jake

Great add-on, would serious consider what has been suggested by Bram - to show the thumbnail using the thumbnail image from the main "Featured Threads" page:

upload_2015-4-16_22-46-28.webp

Top Bottom