A safe alternative to Photo Bucket

This isn't about revenue for me. I have an image host for myself really because I don't like any others. I just allow others to use it if they find it. A few extra people uploading images is not breaking the bank. Besides, I have the most to lose by closing down. Thousands of my own images are hosted there.

I was half tempted to launch a photo bucket competitor at half the prices of their current plans just because it can be done. But the legal headaches will probably keep me from ever doing such a thing.

I am building a host for myself to handle not just basic abilities but storing original files and various edits in a way that is easy to manage and navigate. Balance between the S3 main storage and locally cached files to keep the cost down. I've been meaning too for like a decade.

I was half tempted to launch a photo bucket competitor at half the prices of their current plans just because it can be done. But the legal headaches will probably keep me from ever doing such a thing.

I am building a host for myself to handle not just basic abilities but storing original files and various edits in a way that is easy to manage and navigate. Balance between the S3 main storage and locally cached files to keep the cost down. I've been meaning too for like a decade.

Maybe Chevereto is right for you, that's what I use.

Reactions: rdn
Top Bottom