A few pre-sale questions

clubpromos

I am on the market for a new forum software after years of using VB.
A friend who's in the same boat I am just told me tonight about Xenforo so I have answers to many things already plus I have read posts that contain answers to many of my questions - but not all of them.
My questions are:
  • Any known issues with PHP 5.2.17 and MySQL 5.1.66-cll? Or with any of the PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5 that I should be aware of.
  • Can I add (or is there an addon) custom input fields to the editor?
  • I am coming from VB 3 with 4 millions messages, about 20k attachments and over 70k members. I am worried about downtime. On a good dedicated server (8 cores, 8 Gb RAM) with a good hosting would my migration take more than 2 hours? Less?
    I know that this one is really difficult to answer as many factors may impact the migration but I just would love some guestimate or user feedback if possible.
  • I've read posts about migration from VB but is there a clear guide, a video would be so perfect that explains things?
  • Does Xenforo sell migration services or is there a list of recommended partners whom I could hire?
  • Now that IPB 4 is live (and it does look good, it's slick) are you guys on your way to releasing Xenforo 2.0?
    I want to make sure that I am not ending up in a dead end and that development is extremely active.
    The lawsuit with VB is settle, right? (sorry, I had to ask).
  • Does Xenforo make it easy to create plugin/customize things?
  • In VB there are little icons in the last message column. Those are selected by posters. Is there a similar feature in Xenforo or a plugin that does the same thing?
    It may seem silly but I'm sure my members will miss this.
  • Any way to manage ads placement in the core software? I didn't find any in the demo.
  • Is there a way to unhide subforums so users don't have to click to see them?
I think that's it for now. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom