[021] ChatGPT Autoresponder [Deleted]

Is the idea that a forum doing 20,000 posts/day would see a situation where all (or a large enough % of posts) would be leveraging ChatGPT API on the input and/or output side? Wouldn't only a relatively tiny % of messages be API calls?
And I about it. There is no tool yet that will use ChatGPT so actively to hit your wallet) I don't understand people's concern when it comes to the amount of $0.002 for 1000 tokens (500-700 words). For many forums, even if the entire database is sent to ChatGPT, it will not cost even $100 :D

I needed something fun to do with ChatGPT tonight, so for practice, I asked ChatGPT "What's the average number of characters per post/message in an internet forum?"

Answer:
"The average number of characters per post or message in an internet forum can vary greatly depending on the specific forum and the type of content being posted. However, in general, a typical forum post or message may contain between 100 and 500 characters."

Check my math on this: using this tool that gives me a token count of around 150 for 500 characters, and a $.002 per 1k token price, a forum with 20,000 posts per day would be about $6 - $12 a day (depending on API calls in and out).

I'd imagine a forum doing 20k daily posts is also generating a TON of pageviews and revenue.

... but what does ChatGPT say about this:

Question:
"Best-guess for daily pageviews for a forum that has 20,000 posts per day, and how much monthly revenue that would create on an average forum RPM?"

Answer:
"It's challenging to provide an accurate estimate for daily pageviews based solely on the number of posts in a forum, as the actual number of pageviews can be influenced by many factors. However, assuming an average of 100 pageviews per post, a forum with 20,000 posts per day could potentially generate around 2 million pageviews per day.

Now, the amount of revenue a forum could generate from those pageviews would depend on the forum's RPM (revenue per thousand impressions) and other factors such as the ad placement and the ad format used. On average, a forum could earn a few dollars to several dollars per thousand impressions, depending on the forum's niche and the quality of the ads being displayed.

As a very rough estimate, assuming a conservative RPM of $2, a forum with 2 million daily pageviews could potentially earn around $4,000 per day in ad revenue or around $120,000 per month."

So, the cost to run ChatGPT API on a forum with 20k posts per day would be (at max) probably $400 a month for a site generating maybe $120,000 a month?

Last edited:
Reactions: 021
@021 Thanks for this great addon.

Can you add an option to get a response automatically or as per user request? It would be good to add a button that can be seen by the member who wrote the message or by administrators with appropriate permissions. A button like 'Ask AI' or 'Receive the AI Answer' may be.

@021 Thanks for this great addon.

Can you add an option to get a response automatically or as per user request? It would be good to add a button that can be seen by the member who wrote the message or by administrators with appropriate permissions. A button like 'Ask AI' may be.
Hello.
You are welcome)
Is this add-on not what you need?

Hello.
You are welcome)
Is this add-on not what you need?
Can it respond to quotes also?

I'm very interested in trying this out but can someone please tell me how I pay, as I have no idea what crypto is or how I get it in order to pay. Thanks

Also can anyone please say what this might be?

OpenAI may charge a fee for using their API.

is this an ongoing or one-off payment?

No, this add-on is not made for responding on behalf of a bot in general.
I guess quick reply covers the addon mostly except the ChatGPT answer function manually. I recommend considering combining these addons. Quick reply is more efficient in my opinion. I will follow the coming updates for now.

Last edited:
But no idea how much it costs after that.
I have a qoute from OpenAI..
Multiple models, each with different capabilities and price points. Prices are per 1,000 tokens. You can think of tokens as pieces of words, where 1,000 tokens is about 750 words. This paragraph is 35 tokens.
And ChatGPT uses $0.002 per 1K tokens

[021] ChatGPT Quick Reply Bot - A bot that answers on first post when creating thread.
Interesting scenario came up....
  • User creates a post
  • Gets a 'bot' response
  • User quotes the response from the 'bot'
  • The post from the user with the response from the 'bot' hits a spam check criteria and goes into the moderation queue so it is not visible to the public.
  • While the user post is in the moderation queue the 'bot' goes ahead and responds to it.
  • The new 'bot' response to the post that is in the moderation queue is visible to the public.
Might get tricky but maybe make the bot response post to be the same status as the post it is responding to? That way if it responds to a post that is not visible and is in the moderation queue then force the bot response to also be not visible and in the moderation queue?

Interesting scenario came up....
Another scenario I didn't expect. I posted a sticky in the chatbot forum to explain to users. I specifically locked the thread before posting so that the bot would not automatically respond.

However thy did, ie they were able to bypass the locked thread restriction. No big deal because I could delete their response hoping they weren't offended by their post being deleted.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in trying this out but can someone please tell me how I pay
I thought he got Paypal working again, but it looks like it's still requiring crypto / wallet payment... which is going to unfortunately be very limiting for sales :(
OpenAI may charge a fee for using their API.
Ya, free trial and then (as stated) $.002 / 1k tokens. Tokens = variable parts of text: https://platform.openai.com/tokenizer

Anyway to tag the bot and have it only respond to certain requests?
The ability to tag the bot to request a reply has been a MUCH requested feature!!!

The ability to tag the bot to request a reply has been a MUCH requested feature!!!
What would the bot be responding to? By responding to the first post of a thread or a quote then there is context being sent to the bot to respond to but if the bot is only tagged then what is being sent to the bot?

What would the bot be responding to? By responding to the first post of a thread or a quote then there is context being sent to the bot to respond to but if the bot is only tagged then what is being sent to the bot?
Brilliant question... and I've been wondering about that myself. I figured the dev and the community/users would be best at fleshing that out once the dev says it's something he's considering adding.

... that said, I imagine the behavior would be something like:
  1. Tag only: bot replies with what it thinks is best / most relevant info given the max # of tokens it can read from the previous few messages.
  2. Quoted text(s) with tag: bot replies to only the info in the quoted text

It would be responding to anything the user wanted it to respond to, if allowed by the admin. Not all of us want it responding automatically to the first post of a thread, which limits its use to something like a support or question and answer board, unless you maybe want a bunch of junk threads. So personally I would like the option to also have the bot NOT auto respond to anything. And yes, I'm aware of the other addon, but that one doesn't allow you to choose a user account to make it clear to users that an AI is responding, and any question and AI generated answer by the same user will make it look like that user posted both the question and answer.

…….. And yes, I'm aware of the other addon, but that one doesn't allow you to choose a user account to make it clear to users that an AI is responding, and any question and AI generated answer by the same user will make it look like that user posted both the question and answer.
I downloaded his free Post As User mod, it works by allowing a choice of users before posting.

Top Bottom