[021] AI Post Detector [Deleted]

Great timing. One of my recent problematic members who has the vocabulary of a donkey appears to have suddenly grown a brain and is forming sentences. I expect this add-on to help mitigate against the donkey brains.

There is a stanford paper out there that claims detectors are little better than random guessing

There is a stanford paper out there that claims detectors are little better than random guessing

To be fair, most of the time, you can pretty much tell when AI has generated a text just from reading it. It just... reads different? I'm by no means saying it's always the case. But as someone who has both embraced AI on one forum, and forbidden it on another, you can usually tell once you see it every day.

This addon can be set as a moderation que at least to help prevent it where necessary. The same way as spam blockers won't be 100% efficient.

I'm going to be honest with you, I didn't read the entire thing.
However, is it basically saying that changing up some words and stuff would break the detectors?

Could this addon in theory still help those dumb enough to just copy paste for the most part?

With that said, I believe that was the case at one point anyways. You take something from say ChatGPT, put it into grammarly, and boom, it would now by pass the "detectors". I believe a lot of that has been fixed though pretty recently.

When was the research of this paper done?

Top Bottom