[021] AI Bots – ChatGPT, DALL-E 2 [Deleted]

Hello, @cosmindan08

I don't quite understand what the first paragraph means. Could you explain in more detail?
The bots in this add-on do not create threads themselves (yet)

Best regards,
Yes that is what I needed...for them to create their own thread and they will reply as well to make more content on the forum. So they only reply to an existing thread right?

1. Bot creates a thread asking a question based on....this part I haven't figured it out yet, but since my forum is about YouTube I would like to focus on this topic...maybe input keywords or something like "How do you get more views or How to create better thumbnails"..etc

2. Bot replies with the answer to the question.

The mod allows ChatGPT to respond (reply) to posts/threads. It doesn't create new threads.

Is there a way to limit the tokens used for an answer or something like that? For example is a user wants to have a story rewritten rather than a few lines that will consume a lot of tokens.

Is there a way to limit the tokens used for an answer or something like that?
With the help of prompt, you can configure the length of the bot's responses, but there are no options to limit the output tokens directly when calling the API.

For example is a user wants to have a story rewritten rather than a few lines that will consume a lot of tokens.
I didn't quite understand your example. Could you explain it in more detail, please?

Yes that is what I need, to offer shorter answers and not long ones. How do I do that please?
The support for this add-on does not include assistance with prompt composition. This is stated in the description:
1682353684987.webp

But in this case, it’s not difficult for me to share, since I already have a working prompt:
Your answer should contain a maximum of a few short sentences

Could you use this to create an AI member, and have them take on the tone and personality of a past member who no longer participates, by having it analyze their past posts?

Yes that is what I need, to offer shorter answers and not long ones. How do I do that please?
Put this into chatgpt:

################################

I want you to become my Prompt Creator. Your goal is to help me craft the best possible prompt for my needs. The prompt will be used by you, ChatGPT. You will follow the following process:

1. Your first response will be to ask me what the prompt should be about. I will provide my answer, but we will need to improve it through continual iterations by going through the next steps.
2. Based on my input, you will generate 3 sections.
a) Revised prompt (provide your rewritten prompt. it should be organized, clear, concise, and easily understood by you),
b) Suggestions (provide suggestions on what details to include in the prompt to improve it), and
c) Questions (ask any relevant questions pertaining to what additional information is needed from me to improve the prompt).
3. We will continue this iterative process with me providing additional information to you and you updating the prompt in the Revised prompt section until it's complete.

################################

Use chatgpt to help you create your prompt. A prompt is simply an instruction telling the API what you want it to do, ie. the niche, any restrictions such as you asked, to limit the overall response. You can't give it definitive requests, because OpenAI programming trumps all else, and using commonsense, if you want it to be autonomous to what is posted, then you need to give it a little room to move in posting.

A prompt could be:

As an esteemed Oxford University professor of English literature, I will engage with various posts using the literary works of renowned writers from the past 500 years. Through my responses, I will strive to stay within a limit of 300 words while providing insightful analysis and commentary. Furthermore, I will ensure that my responses are tailored to the specific topic or question being discussed, and will utilize appropriate literary works to support my arguments. By doing so, I hope to enrich and deepen the discourse on literature and its impact on our society, culture, and personal lives. Let us embark on this literary journey together!

ChatGPT created that for me from about two lines of what I wanted it to do, then asking it to improve it, let alone using the above method which allows you to create an amazing prompt as it provides suggestions and asks you questions you may not have thought about.

It has taken me about 7 days of tweaking my prompt to get my bot to do exactly what I wanted it to do. Get it mostly right to start, then you will need to tweak it based on its ongoing responses and what you like and dislike.

If you tell it to be male, it will respond more male. Female the same. Gender neutral, it will respond more gender neutral. Your brain is the limiting factor from my experience programming each bot, so I use chatgpt online to help me with every single modification I make, as it often gives me better words, phrases and sentences to use.

Last edited:
Could you use this to create an AI member, and have them take on the tone and personality of a past member who no longer participates, by having it analyze their past posts?
Yes and No.. ChatGPT can't access the internet to analyse such post history, but yes, it can take on a personality you program it to have providing you can articulate that personality correctly into a prompt, as I outlined above.

For the first 10 or so days, when still a novelty and I had open access to all members above 25 posts, it was about $0.30 per day average (approx $9-$10 monthly) with around 400 daily posts. So halve that for the AI responses, as mine is programmed to respond on a per post basis in specific forums.

Now, its around $0.06 a day (approx $2 monthly) limited to account upgrades.

Mine is early days, I see peaks and troughs, and still only have around 3 weeks data with a total today around $10 for 3 weeks use. I anticipate monthly use to be around $5 - $10, depending on how members are at any given time. I can get a member smash it for 3 days, then disappear for 3 days, then come back and question the crap out of it. Others ask a handful of questions or discussion and are irregular at best.

Very early days in my setup to determine exact averages.

Now, its around $0.06 a day (approx $2 monthly) limited to account upgrades.
What approximate daily number of posts generates such a cost?

Also, is it possible to set these bots to respond with a delay and to random messages from a given node? I have in mind a situation where it responds to regular posts, e.g. support, but where people don't tag the bot. And not to all of them, to limit API consumption

What approximate daily number of posts generates such a cost?
About 50 - 70 posts daily. So halve that for the bot responses vs user content, again, I have mine set in specific forums on a per post response.
Also, is it possible to set these bots to respond with a delay and to random messages from a given node?
Not to my knowledge. You can set a response limit to posts or threads, but not time delay.

You have to remember that my figures will differ from anothers. I have long, wordy, posts from my members. Less posts, more content. I have my bot limited to 4 to keep in memory, otherwise I get errors, as you have to remember it sends that set amount in order to generate the next response, so more tokens.

If you have a forum where the average post is a short paragraph, you could keep more in memory and probably still pay less, or you could keep less or similar in memory and absolutely pay less. Flip that, you could have super wordy posts where you can only respond to the post or keep a couple in memory without errors.

I ended up having to write a how-to guide for members to keep from hitting errors, with 4 in memory, as otherwise for me, it can get overwhelmed quickly and results in errors hitting token limit. I had members responding to every question at once, and the answers and their response was enough to hit the token limit. When they keep it to picking one question and focusing on one point at a time, no issues or errors. They then come back to the next Q&A and go that when they have exhausted the current one. AI responses can be detailed, and I have no limit on responses. You can ask the AI to keep responses to within a word limit, but that is still only a guide and it will do what it needs in order to meet the objective where possible. If it can keep it short, it will. If not, it won't.

Many tips and tricks depending on your specific usage you can incorporate into the prompt.

Hi, I bought the 3 month license and created the license as well for my domain, but when I go to install the addon it says "please purchase a license before installing this addon." Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

Hi, I bought the 3 month license and created the license as well for my domain, but when I go to install the addon it says "please purchase a license before installing this addon." Any idea what I am doing wrong here?
You just added a domain with "www." – this is considered a separate domain. I removed "www." from your domain and everything should be fine now :)

Sorry, one more question. Do you know how to upgrade my OpenAI to be able to support gpt-4? When i try to switch, it says my account is not set up for it. I upgraded my Chat GPT to the plus option but that doesn't seem to have worked.

Top Bottom