🔥 [Foro.agency] Replace smilies by HD Emojis 👍 [Deleted]

Is it possible to alter the size of the emojis? they are very small compared to the emojis they replaced.

Wow that's amazing @Jean-Baptiste !!!!!!
Is it possible for emojis to stay same size on mobile device where they look excellent btw and only change them for desktop and or tablet?
Also it there for us/admin to add more emojis to the lists?

Thanks for the awesome support :)

Wow that's amazing @Jean-Baptiste !!!!!!
Is it possible for emojis to stay same size on mobile device where they look excellent btw and only change them for desktop and or tablet?
Also it there for us/admin to add more emojis to the lists?

Thanks for the awesome support :)

Yes that would be possible, maybe in a future update.

I don't think you need to add new emojis, since there is a limited number of emojis (list here : https://getemoji.com/). The addon add all these emojis !

I hit an SQL error everytime I try and install this addon:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8D \xF0...' for column 'title' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.phpat line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 78
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  4. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 161
  5. XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->insert() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1389
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1121
  7. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/XF/AddOn/AddOn.php at line 526
  8. XF\AddOn\AddOn->preInstall() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 395
  9. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  12. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
  13. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  14. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
Just purchased it (Same username as on here)

I hit an SQL error everytime I try and install this addon:

XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1366]: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8D \xF0...' for column 'title' at row 1 in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.phpat line 212
  1. XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
  2. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 78
  3. XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
  6. XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1121
  8. XF\AddOn\AddOn->preInstall() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 395
  9. XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionInstall() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
Just purchased it (Same username as on here)

You must enable emojis in order to use this addon.

So you need to enable a specific encoding for your database.

Have you tried the following awnser :

Are you running full Unicode (UTF8mb4) and have the proper setting
Code:
$config['fullUnicode'] = true;
in your config ?

You must enable emojis in order to use this addon.

So you need to enable a specific encoding for your database.

Have you tried the following awnser :
Nope - added that and it's still happening:

Nope - added that and it's still happening:

Have you converted your database to use emojis ?
Full tutorial : https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/manual/unicode/

Hello,

Installed but have Flags problem you can see attached image please.

Attachments

• Flags.webp
    Flags.webp
    41 KB · Views: 81
@Jean-Baptiste

Quick question, what happens to my existing smilies when I install this? I'm looking to preserve existing custom smileys and run this side-by-side or is this a complete replacement.
Should work. These are just unicodes, which are saved properly in database and interpreted on OS level (iOS/Android). I don't have a copy of this addon so I can't look at the code but it's providing you with an interface in text editor to select emojis and use them on your site, which are basically unicodes(\xF0).

Also, I'm not sure how one of the advantages mentioned on the posting is valid. It's assuming that smilies are images but basically a very small chunk of base64 encoded data is send when the posts load and is interpreted by the browser. I doubt there will be any difference even if we benchmark with a billion emojis/base64encoded smiley on a single page.
  • Make your forum speeder so members are using Emojis insteed of smiley images

Also, I'm not sure how one of the advantages mentioned on the posting is valid. It's assuming that smilies are images but basically a very small chunk of base64 encoded data is send when the posts load and is interpreted by the browser. I doubt there will be any difference even if we benchmark with a billion emojis/base64encoded smiley on a single page.

The advantage is valid. If you compare loading all these emojis with loading the same amount of small images, the difference is huge.

Hi,
would it possible to enhance this addon so that it does not completely replace smilies in the picker ? I have custom smilies for which no unicode-emoji counterpart exists.
Either by adding an "emoji" button next to the smilies-button or by having the smilies for a category live nicely side-by-side for the emoji categories.

Adding a button to the editor seems to be pretty straightforward: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/adding-own-buttons-to-the-editor-toolbar.147895/

Thanks !
-Markus

Last edited:
Hi,
would it possible to enhance this addon so that it does not completely replace smilies in the picker ? I have custom smilies for which no unicode-emoji counterpart exists.
Either by adding an "emoji" button next to the smilies-button or by having the smilies for a category live nicely side-by-side for the emoji categories.

Adding a button to the editor seems to be pretty straightforward: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/adding-own-buttons-to-the-editor-toolbar.147895/

Thanks !
-Markus

Yes, we will be releasing this on a new version !

Do you see the flags on mobile ?

Yes I see flags on mobile ( Sorting problem )

6ef94928-ed5c-42ca-96a0-35a6877e53fb.webp

On PC does not show flags

flags-jpg.176512

Last edited:
Top Bottom