[XFA] RM Marketplace/Shop - XF2

[XFA] RM Marketplace/Shop - XF2 [Paid] 5.3.0

No permission to buy (€60.00)
Hello @XFA,

I hope you are going well.

I wanted to know, with the marketplace, you can sell things via the paypal in the option settings.

Is there a way so that any users (a member), can sell things, with his own paypal, and you get a like 10% of the sell on your main PayPal ? (or without that 10%)

Yes that's the percentage on sale feature.

So I decided to buy this and I really like the grid style layout. However... I can't seem to get the "Free" sign to show on resources that are actually free. It only says 0.00. In the category settings there is option to select "Free Resource" but the option does not show when creating a new resource...
Also question: Is there a way to make the thumbs square?

@XFA ?

Last edited:
So I decided to buy this and I really like the grid style layout. However... I can't seem to get the "Free" sign to show on resources that are actually free. It only says 0.00. In the category settings there is option to select "Free Resource" but the option does not show when creating a new resource...

@XFA ?
Hello?! How can a sell a resource as a free resource?

Reactions: CNK
Great addon, thanks @XFA

I am using the addon as a Classifieds system so I have a couple of questions
1. How do owners handle Sold items...through experience I know that I am going to get lots of users asking me to remove an entry or mark their entry as sold. I like to keep sold entries in the system? One old Classifieds system I had was a simple button that the entry owner could click and it placed SOLD in the title and placed all the SOLD items at the bottom of the list. Another system I once had didn't have any facility to mark an item sold and I was inundated with requests to mark their items sold...it was a real pain

2. Is there anyway to have a set fee instead of a % on sale?

3. How can I create a widget that showed the Featured items that can be placed around the site?

4. Can it be made so the Resource Icon is the Resource Image, set at say 250px x 250px so when creating the resource it can be all done then instead of creating the resource, with the icon, and then after saving then add the image. It very confusing to users and how do you tell every user to add an image after they save by etc etc etc. Better to have the whole thing created at the same time in the same entry form and 250px x 250px is the best size (good if you could set the size by ademin option)

If you have allowed the free resources in the category option, then you must not tick the sale checkbox and it should show as free.

It's not supported no.

Hello?! How can a sell a resource as a free resource?

Sell a free resource ? You mean post a free resource ?

1. How do owners handle Sold items...through experience I know that I am going to get lots of users asking me to remove an entry or mark their entry as sold. I like to keep sold entries in the system? One old Classifieds system I had was a simple button that the entry owner could click and it placed SOLD in the title and placed all the SOLD items at the bottom of the list. Another system I once had didn't have any facility to mark an item sold and I was inundated with requests to mark their items sold...it was a real pain

Currently it's automatic if the payment is done through paypal.
Otherwise, the item needs to be edited to set it as sold.

2. Is there anyway to have a set fee instead of a % on sale?

You mean a fee when their item is sold or a fee to post ?

3. How can I create a widget that showed the Featured items that can be placed around the site?

Featured items is a default feature of xF. That's not done by my add-on.

4. Can it be made so the Resource Icon is the Resource Image, set at say 250px x 250px so when creating the resource it can be all done then instead of creating the resource, with the icon, and then after saving then add the image. It very confusing to users and how do you tell every user to add an image after they save by etc etc etc. Better to have the whole thing created at the same time in the same entry form and 250px x 250px is the best size (good if you could set the size by ademin option)

The resource icon is part of xF core so I don't want to override it, hence why this process.

Regarding the size, as the whole grid layout is based on that, I am not sure this would be such a good idea to make it configurable.

Clément

Now that I have installed the addon and going through testing I am finding many little issues.

Price input
Users often use a comma when inserting a price in the thousands yet the addon yet 20,000 price is saved as 20.00 - it will be very frustrating to users

Price display to Guests is not formatted
1.webp

Currency default
There doesn't seem to be a way to set the currency default but I presume that is a RM issue

Default Resource Image
There is no default Resource Image displayed and the whole formatting of the display of an item doesn't look good. As a side note I think the overall box is far too large anyway...take a look at the XF Media Manager which is much better which is why I mentioned in a previous post an automatically sized (using XF image sizer) to an image of 250px x 250px (in my opinion)
2.webp

Widgets
Featured items is a default feature of xF. That's not done by my add-on.
This addon comes with 2 new widgets but with the added ability of this addon providing for a Feature payment then a 3rd widget to show Featured items would be a better choice than just the two new ones provided. There is NO XF standard featured items widget that I can see or know of

Resource Sold
Currently it's automatic if the payment is done through paypal.
Otherwise, the item needs to be edited to set it as sold.
What do you mean "Set" as sold...I can't see how a resource can be "Set" unless you are saying that the resource has to be edited with text to say it is sold?

A set fee to list resource instead of % of sale
You mean a fee when their item is sold or a fee to post ?
Yes, a set fee that is paid when their resource is sold. For example $10 is paid when an item in that category is sold. Take a Car sale, the car could have a price of $100 or even $100,000. Setting say a 10% on sale would be too high on the $100,000 car but not on the $100 car

Resource Image is set to Resource Icon
The resource icon is part of xF core so I don't want to override it, hence why this process.
You wouldn't have to, in fact the whole Resource image is superfluous to the whole listing. A user adds a Resource Icon in the RM entry and the Resource Image in the Grid Display simply uses that but resized to suit your Grid Display.

I think there is still a lot of work needed to make this addon as good as it could be but at the moment I personally feel that it is under developed. What is there has the makings of something great, well done, but please make it more user friendly and finish it

Hello @XFA ,

I have a suggestion. As an admin, I can update resources by others, could you add a permissions allowing the member to update other member's resources please ?

Best regards,
Jean-Baptiste

@ibaker thanks for this detailed feedbacks but that's an usable post clearly as it's mixed inside a thread here. Please create a thread per element in our dedicated forum.

@Jean-Baptiste I don't understand.

As an admin, I can't update resources by other (by updating, I mean releasing a new version of a resource as an example).

Oh I see, that kind of feature is something that is core to the RM, have you asked for its integration to the xF team rather ?

Anyways, I am providing detailed answers on your post so you can put whatever feels missing a

Price input
Users often use a comma when inserting a price in the thousands yet the addon yet 20,000 price is saved as 20.00 - it will be very frustrating to users

That's default Resource Manager stuff, I am not doing anything on prices appart from using core functions.

Price display to Guests is not formatted
View attachment 171839

That's indeed a little bug.

Currency default
There doesn't seem to be a way to set the currency default but I presume that is a RM issue

Yes you assume correctly.

Default Resource Image
There is no default Resource Image displayed and the whole formatting of the display of an item doesn't look good. As a side note I think the overall box is far too large anyway...take a look at the XF Media Manager which is much better which is why I mentioned in a previous post an automatically sized (using XF image sizer) to an image of 250px x 250px (in my opinion)
View attachment 171840

The default Resource Image shall display if you use the latest version, there was a bug initially.

The problem of the XF Media Manager is that it creates square thumbnails which is not something all users may like for displaying items for sale.
That's the reason why I did that size (and also because the customer that requested and paid for that feature initially wanted that).

Widgets

This addon comes with 2 new widgets but with the added ability of this addon providing for a Feature payment then a 3rd widget to show Featured items would be a better choice than just the two new ones provided. There is NO XF standard featured items widget that I can see or know of

That could indeed be something envisioned.

Resource Sold

What do you mean "Set" as sold...I can't see how a resource can be "Set" unless you are saying that the resource has to be edited with text to say it is sold?

Perhaps "Mark as sold" would be a better fit.

A set fee to list resource instead of % of sale

Yes, a set fee that is paid when their resource is sold. For example $10 is paid when an item in that category is sold. Take a Car sale, the car could have a price of $100 or even $100,000. Setting say a 10% on sale would be too high on the $100,000 car but not on the $100 car

That's definitely something I'll implement if I come to add support for other payment methods as only PayPal allows the percentage on sale capability.

Resource Image is set to Resource Icon

You wouldn't have to, in fact the whole Resource image is superfluous to the whole listing. A user adds a Resource Icon in the RM entry and the Resource Image in the Grid Display simply uses that but resized to suit your Grid Display.

That wouldn't work. Resource icons are automatically resized to smaller size/quality.
So it would look stretched and most certainly pixellized if I was adapting to that size.

I think there is still a lot of work needed to make this addon as good as it could be but at the moment I personally feel that it is under developed. What is there has the makings of something great, well done, but please make it more user friendly and finish it

It was meant to be kept simple.

Surely there are some area of improvements to be more user friendly but I wouldn't say it's not usable, I got low complain so far on hundreds of users.

Clément

Thanks Clement, unfortunately I have had to uninstall your addon due to the limitations that I have highlighted. It might suit some but I personally think without these limitations it might suit many others...for example as a Classifieds system that many are calling for

Thanks Clement, unfortunately I have had to uninstall your addon due to the limitations that I have highlighted. It might suit some but I personally think without these limitations it might suit many others...for example as a Classifieds system that many are calling for

From your above elements, I do not see which you specifically consider as being limitations appart the set fee to list.

Top Bottom