• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenStaff

Here is where the directory for XenStaff should be:

yourForo/library/

After you have placed the files there, when you look in the library directory you should see this sub directories:

Lgpl/
Sabre/
XenForo/
XenStaff/
Zend/

Is this what you see?

I just updated XenStaff to use Xen:Link to render the links. I tested this with full friendly URL's on and off, and it works correctly.

Download the zip, uninstall the XenStaff addon, upload the files, and import the new XML. Let me know if it works for you.
Works now, I dunno why everything I turn on friendly urls it makes everything go 404...

What does the "Moderating" category mean? That the staff member is just online? Or that they are actually performing a mod/admin duty?

Moderating is just the group name given to that group. You can change it by navigating to: Users -> List User Groups. Then click on the Moderating user group to rename, :)

OK, a few questions:

1) Moderator is the name of an individual from the user group Moderating? If so, is there a reason that the user group isn't the plural form of Moderator (eg Moderators)? I realize I can change this (thank you for explaining how), but it seems intuitive to just use the plural form from the start. Curious if there was something to this that I was missing.

2) You list this group (currently named Moderating) in the staff page to distinguish the group from the Admin team, correct? Sounds obvious, just want to make sure I am understanding the use of the name: "Moderating" here is all. ;)

3) Assuming 2 2 is correct...why, as the Senior Admin/Founder am I listed twice? I'm listed as both a member of the Administrative Team and as the Moderating Team?
http://www.onlinedebateclub.net/forum/index.php?XenStaff/

4) Is there a way to install this addon twice? That is...is it possible to have a tab/page exclusively for the staff...then another tab/page display the supporters/contributors? Or perhaps even just the sponsors? That way each get their own page and staff aren't confused with contributors nor with sponsors.

OK, a few questions:

1) Moderator is the name of an individual from the user group Moderating? If so, is there a reason that the user group isn't the plural form of Moderator (eg Moderators)? I realize I can change this (thank you for explaining how), but it seems intuitive to just use the plural form from the start. Curious if there was something to this that I was missing.

2) You list this group (currently named Moderating) in the staff page to distinguish the group from the Admin team, correct? Sounds obvious, just want to make sure I am understanding the use of the name: "Moderating" here is all. ;)

3) Assuming 2 2 is correct...why, as the Senior Admin/Founder am I listed twice? I'm listed as both a member of the Administrative Team and as the Moderating Team?

4) Is there a way to install this addon twice? That is...is it possible to have a tab/page exclusively for the staff...then another tab/page display the supporters/contributors? Or perhaps even just the sponsors? That way each get their own page and staff aren't confused with contributors nor with sponsors.
The first two points you make are correct. As far as I know, you can't install an addon twice by accident. Here is what I did to solve your third point:

In my opinion, the way the default installation sets up accounts is rather odd. So after renaming "Administrating" to "Administrators" and "Moderating" to "Moderators", I removed my account from the Moderators and Registered Members groups. Additionally, I set my primary group to administrators. This solved the problem with staff members appearing more than once in xenStaff. Hope this helps! :)

Permissions Setup:
Screen shot 2010-10-09 at 6.40.23 PM.webp
XenStaff Page:
Screen shot 2010-10-09 at 6.41.03 PM.webp

OK, a few questions:

XenStaff Admin options scans all user group ID's that are not ID 1 or 2 (unregistered and registered), and displays the name associated with each group so you can select which you want listed on the Staff page. A member may belong to multiple groups that you have selected to be listed on the staff page, ie: moderating group and sponsor group. As an administrator you were also placed in the Moderating group when you first installed XF, that is why you showed up under each heading.

You can not run two instances of XenStaff. The next version I'll add the option to display multiple Tabs.

Working but on my home page, the selected usergroups don't show up as staff except for admins. If I visit the staff page, then they show up. Any ideas?

Working but on my home page, the selected usergroups don't show up as staff except for admins. If I visit the staff page, then they show up. Any ideas?

There is no option to display all staff groups selected on the main index page. This add-on is meant to give you a means of displaying members of other notable groups on their own page. For example, you may have members that write articles, create graphics, or donate to your site and you would like to recognize them for their contributions. I gave the option to select Administrative and Moderating groups to allow you to display all those who help keep your site running, if you decide to use XenStaff that way.

As you can rename the Tab, select various groups, and even display a notice, it is pretty flexible.

Top Bottom