Woot! Pricing and Release info :D

Kim

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-release-date-and-pricing.3876/

Oh yeah baby!
ohyeah.gif

Oh, also guys- Dont assume that only XenForo related sites can/should use the word 'Xen' in the domain. Remember, the virtualization technology is called 'Xen' and has a much bigger audience at the moment (maybe not for long though....muhahaha). I used to run a host that had the name 'Xen' in the title...doesnt make it related to the forum software.

All I'm saying is, neither XenForo or Xen (virtualization) has a "Right" to own "Xen" related domains. I keep seeing people bashing others for having "Xen" in a domain name, and its simply not on.

That's the last I'll say on it as I dont wish to start anything here, but I just wanted to make it clear. If you wish to comment on this post directly, please do it as a personal conversation.

Thats just reminded me! "The Doc's Alive!"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Shame it was for Microsoft though!

Oh, also guys- Dont assume that only XenForo related sites can/should use the word 'Xen' in the domain. Remember, the virtualization technology is called 'Xen' and has a much bigger audience at the moment (maybe not for long though....muhahaha). I used to run a host that had the name 'Xen' in the title...doesnt make it related to the forum software.

All I'm saying is, neither XenForo or Xen (virtualization) has a "Right" to own "Xen" related domains. I keep seeing people bashing others for having "Xen" in a domain name, and its simply not on.

That's the last I'll say on it as I dont wish to start anything here, but I just wanted to make it clear. If you wish to comment on this post directly, please do it as a personal conversation.
Naw, Xen is fine to have in the domain or site name, just not 'xenforo'.
That said, I secured forothemes and forostyles for my designs site.

Still not nice to publish people their personal details from the WHOIS records.

Floris that is public domain data. Anyone can see it online whenever they want. Like the directors of a company, or local councillors etc
If you don't want your name + address as owner of a domain to be public you can request your info not be shown on whois.

The topic got too big for the reading.
Cards are not accepted yet?
(I am really sure that I don't need and I don't want to make a PayPal account, the company which is even not presented normally in my country. Several people make it to buy something at the Ebay - and this is the only use of PP because even to add some cash to the pp account you have to be a magician. I admit that this is my country problem only. But we are the normal buying audience - there should not be an obstacle like that.)
I hope the CC payment method will be active on the X-Day.

The topic got too big for the reading.
Cards are not accepted yet?
(I am really sure that I don't need and I don't want to make a PayPal account, the company which is even not presented normally in my country. Several people make it to buy something at the Ebay - and this is the only use of PP because even to add some cash to the pp account you have to be a magician. I admit that this is my country problem only. But we are the normal buying audience - there should not be an obstacle like that.)
I hope the CC payment method will be active on the X-Day.

You do not need a PayPal account to purchase XenForo!

Maybe Kier needs to add a note to the announcement thread?

Floris that is public domain data. Anyone can see it online whenever they want. Like the directors of a company, or local councillors etc
If you don't want your name + address as owner of a domain to be public you can request your info not be shown on whois.
Yes, it is public, but doesn't mean you have to help spread people their data around. C'mon now.

forothemes sounds good :)

If you put on a propper cockney (or as us brits call them..."Chav") voices, it sounds like "foo-row-feems" :p Pretty catchy!
To me there's a huge difference between cockney and chav.

Also although you did get the foo-row-feems bit right it wouldn't actually be said like that by a chav, I believe the sentence would be constructed as;

foorowfeems innit blood.

Yeah well, it should be spelled "bludd" and the double "o" should always be pronounced "oow" like in blue and then we could have the colour "bloo"! Sorry, just passing the time waiting for "XenForo's Eve! Like you guy's are doing differently.

"Transliteration"? There's a word I use every day.

Top Bottom