Migration, Conversion and Specialty Import Services - including Incremental Imports

MySiteGuy

Experience
Driven 2 has specialized in forum & CMS development, migration, server administration, and consulting since 2008. Our founder, a forum expert since the mid-1990s, built one of the earliest "big boards" and custom-coded a pioneering forum photo gallery. We know forums - it's our passion.

We've worked with forums of all sizes, from small boards to those with tens of millions of posts. Our library of custom scripts and unique experience allows us to handle forum imports from software and add-ons no one else can.

Incremental Imports
Our unique "incremental" importer, built in-house, allows for an initial testing environment, and a later catch-up import of new content. This reduces downtime when going live to a fraction of what a full import requires.

Available Forum Imports (Contact us if you have a forum not listed!)
(Bold items support incremental imports)
  • vBulletin 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x and 6.x
  • Invision Community (IPS, IPBoard) 2.x, 3.x and 4.x
  • Wolt Lab Burning Board 2.x through 6.x
  • phpBB 2.x and 3.x
  • WordPress bbPress, SimplePress and wpForo to forums
  • WordPress posts/pages to Xenforo threads/posts or Xenforo Resource Manager
  • MyBB 1.8
  • UBB.Threads 6.x and 7.x
  • Drupal Forum 5.7 through 7.x
  • Joomla Kunena 1.x through 5.x
  • Verint / Telligent Community Server
  • Discourse
  • SMF 1.x and 2.x
  • Flarum
  • Phorum 5.x
  • Xenforo 1.x to Xenforo 2.x
  • wpForo 1.x and 2.x
  • Comma Separated Value files (CSV) for Users, Threads, And Posts
  • DCForum 6.x flat file/Perl and DCF+ (DCForum SQL/PHP)
  • Expression Engine
  • FluxBB 1.5.x
  • FusionBB 2.x
  • Ikonboard 3.x
  • PunBB 1.x
  • Snitz 3.4+
  • Yabb 2.x
  • Vanilla 1.x and 2.x
  • Xoops CMS and Forum (XForum, NewBB, bXPress and cBB)
  • Gossamer Forums
  • WowBB / UltraBB
  • Listserv Email list in mbox or .txt format.

Service price:
Prices start at $150 for up to 1 million posts, plus $30 per each additional million posts and private messages. This is for stock vBulletin installations. Prices vary for other platforms, add-on imports and custom needs.

What is imported?

vBulletin & Invision Community Suite - Other platforms vary
Forums, Bookmarks, Threads & Thread prefixes, Posts, Polls, User Groups, Users, Attachments, Custom BB codes (most cases), Custom Smilies, Admins, Moderators, Private Messages, Visitor Messages (profile posts), Reputation points (VB), Reactions (Invision), Ignore and Buddy lists, infractions, tags and permissions. It also includes URL redirects to Xenforo's URL to preserve SEO and search engine links.

Add-on Imports Supported

FromTo
vBFavorites and Xenforo 1.5 Xon BookmarksXenforo Bookmarks
vbSEO URLs, DragonByte SEO URLs, SMF Pretty URLs and Custom URL redirects.Xenforo and XF add-on URLs.
vB Post Thanks, MyBB Thank You / Like System, Thankyou MyBB System, vbSEO Likes, DBTech Thanks, and vB Helpful PostsXenforo Reactions.
vB 4.x Social Groups
vB 5.x - 6.x Social Forums
[tl] Social Groups or Snogs' Social Groups
vB 5.x - 6.x Social GroupsOzzModz Social Groups
vB CMS, vB Blogs, Invision Community Blogs, Simple Blogs for Xenforo 1.x, Good Enough Blogs for Xenforo 1.x, ThemeHouse XenBlog for Xenforo 1.x, WordPress Posts, WordPress Pages, and Joomla CMSXenPorta, XenAddons UBS, XenAddons AMS and Xenforo Resource Manager, Xenforo Article Threads
vBulletin 3.x WordPress Bridge, vBulletin 4.x WordPress BridgeXPress WordPress Bridge
Xenforo Resource ManagerXenAddons AMS, XenAddons UBS orXenAddons Showcase
vB 4.x iTrader, vB 3.8 iTrader, SMF Trader System, Invision Trader Feedback System, Xenforo 1.5 XenCentral Feedback systemTrader, Feedback System, or XenAddons Classified Ads feedback
vB DBTech Downloads, vB Downloads IIXenforo Resource Manager
vB Albums, vB Gallery, vB PhotoPost, vB Pic Gallery, vBulletin 5.x / 6.x User Galleries & Albums, DTO Gallery, DTO Garage, DragonByte Tech Gallery, phpBB Gallery, SMF Gallery, Coppermine Gallery, PhotoPlog, XenMedia, "Gallery 1" and "Gallery 2" aka Menalto Gallery, File system images (imports directories as categories, and each directory as an album along with the images)Xenforo Media Gallery
vB Drive Thru Online (DTO) GalleryXenAddons Showcase
vB DragonByte ShopDragonByte Shop
vB Pro Garage, DTO Garage, DTO GalleryXenforo Resource Manager or XenAddons Showcase
XenPortaBob's Showcase or Bob's Article Management System
AuLait Link Directory for XF 2.xXenAddons Link Directory
[tl] Social Groups for XF 2.xSnogs' Social Groups
vBulletin 4, 5 and 6 CalendarNixfifty / Naz Calendar

Unlike many Xenforo service providers, Driven 2 is not a "side gig". We have been operating as an LLC since 2008, are insured and have the resources to handle your projects. We are in this for the long haul.

Note: We do not work on the sites whose content features or promotes human trafficking, harm to people or animals, violates the rights of third-parties (including unlicensed software), discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability.

Last edited:
Review: In December 2018, our 4WD club contracted with @MySiteGuy to handle our forum migration from vBulletin 3.8.11 to the latest version of XenForo. The process was painless -- he took care of all the heavy lifting during the entire process. Here are some things that were really good:
  • The process was fast. The old forum had been backed up completely and the new forum was up and running in less than 24 hours.
  • Good Practices. He has a defined process that preserves the capability to roll back if necessary. Nothing is put at risk (and we have 13 years of posts that we didn't want to lose). He also helped us move to https for the new forum.
  • Good communication. Where there were tweaks that needed to be made, he responded to my requests within hours and fixed them.
  • Customization was preserved. We had a few things that had been customized over the years (like a ton of smileys unique to our club). He took care of keep these and bringing them over to the new forum.
  • Knowledge of forums and software. We asked a ton of very detailed questions. MySiteGuy was our reliable guru with solid answers that helped.
Now that we're on XenForo, we are hoping we won't need to migrate again for a while, but we would use him again in a heartbeat if we needed to.

Our forum is here in case you're interested.

Last edited:
Review:
Around the middle of Feb 2019, I contacted @MySiteGuy to handle the upgrade from version 1.5.6 to 2.1.
He was able to handle the upgrade without issue. I tried doing myself but kept running into problems with such a major upgrade.
He was quick and the price was in keeping with such an undertaking.

Wholeheartedly recommend him.

My forum is located here if you would like to check it out.

First post updated with this additional info:

Bonus for VBulletin 4.x CMS:
The Xenforo 2.x VB4 CMS importer does not correctly import the article text in many cases. Instead, it creates a post with a note that the article can be found by following a link (and the link doesn't work). We have a custom importer which not only handles this situation, but it also comes with a custom redirection script to correctly handle redirecting VB CMS articles.

Review:
I cannot say enough great things about @MySiteGuy !

I had a 12 year old vbulletin 4 forum with hundreds of thousands of posts. I had no idea what I was doing. He took my backup, cleaned it up and imported it flawlessly into xenforo for me. Everything was exactly as it was before. He communicated the whole way, and completed the job in 1 day! Even followed up to make sure I was happy.

Absolute lifesaver!

Highly recommend and would absolutely use his services again.

Hello, I'd like to get a quote and make an order. I'm migrating from vB 4 with VBSEO installed to Xenforo 2.1.

Please get in touch.

Hello, I'd like to get a quote and make an order. I'm migrating from vB 4 with VBSEO installed to Xenforo 2.1.

Please get in touch.

Sorry, I did not see this post until today. I can get quite busy with migrations, and the best way to get my attention is via my web site, or starting a conversation. :)

I'm happy to announce Driven 2 now supports the following forum migrations:
  • DCForum 6.x (Perl, flat file DCForum)
  • DCF 1.x (PHP and MySQL DCForum)
Items imported:
Users
User groups
Categories and Forums
Threads and Posts
Polls
Attachments
Private Messages
Moderators and Admins

Contact us for scheduling and pricing.

We now support Joomla CMS to Xenforo 2.x Resource Manager imports in addition to our previous Joomla CMS > Xenforo 1.x Resource Manager imports. Contact us for scheduling and pricing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom