Resource icon

HTML in Custom Titles 1.5

No permission to download
Instead of writing a poor review about something you don't understand. Why not just ask?

I didn't give a poor review, I gave an average one. It does what it says, just lacks the functionality I feel it needs to be useful. Either that or it lacks instructions for the functionality that would make it useful, in which case I believe it's still average.

Fair comment...

But you're still not going to ask about the functionality that you're wanting?

Sure, I'll give that a shot. xD

I want to allow custom HTML titles on a usergroup basis (Or even per-user basis), rather than disallow basic users the ability to set a custom title.

Last edited:

Thank you so much for donating. It is always appreciated!

This add-on will allow people who may edit their Custom User Title to use some HTML tags in their Custom User Title.

The tags that are allowed to be used can be configured in the Admin CP > Options > User Registration.

b4WLyEK.png

The end result can look like this:

KODMktl.png

HOW TO INSTALL
The easiest way to install this add-on is if you use the Add-On Installer.

Alternatively:
  1. Download the zip file.
  2. Extract its contents to your hard drive.
  3. Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  4. Complete install via the Admin CP using the provided XML file.

Is there a way to only allow admins to make change to the styled user titles? I want users to be able to have a custom user title without any styling unless they ask an admin to style it...

Does that make sense? Sorry im new :(

Yes it is possible.

You will just set the custom title permission to "no" for normal users.

Then, Admins can add the custom title for the user in the Admin CP.

With xF 1.4.1:

Code:
Template Errors: forum_list
Declaration of HtmlCustomTitles_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserTitle() should be compatible with XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::helperUserTitle($user, $allowCustomTitle = true, $withBanner = false) in /home/fofotest/public_html/forum/library/HtmlCustomTitles/Template/Helper/Core.php, line 4:
3: $__extraData['h1'] .= htmlspecialchars($xenOptions['boardTitle'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8');
4: $__output .= '
5:

Chris D updated HTML in Custom User Titles with a new update entry:

Updated for XF 1.2 and above...

I think this may have been broken since XF 1.2 but it was only brought to my attention today.

As well as now working with XF 1.2 and above, the add-on now also has a new user group permission:

View attachment 85601

This allows you to control who can use HTML in their custom titles. So if you'd like only certain members to put HTML in their titles, you can.

Read the rest of this update entry...

As you know, I disagree with the system set up by the developers, when we have the freedom to express themselves without going into specific guidelines, I'll post a review with pleasure, as I did before.

It will get used, the review will become a rare privilege.

Hi when i try to install it I get this error

An exception occurred: Callback HtmlCustomTitles_Listener::initDependencies is invalid (Invalid Class). in /home/ecigssac/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 1345

1. XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1387
  2. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/CodeEvent.php at line 405
  3. XenForo_Model_CodeEvent->importEventListenersAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 316
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php at line 25
  6. XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ecigssac/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Hi Chris

Upgraded this last night (As we were discussing in the other thread). It seems to have broken the way we use it.
Have you added the regex as suggested above? We were using the <span> tag to refer to a class added in EXTRA.css.
Now it doesnt refer to the actual class but displays the title in plain text.
I've put a workaround in for the moment, using <font color=""> and <b> tags, but this is bad practise so I'd like to do it properly :)

Hi when i try to install it I get this error

An exception occurred: Callback HtmlCustomTitles_Listener::initDependencies is invalid (Invalid Class). in /home/ecigssac/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 1345

1. XenForo_DataWriter->_haveErrorsPreventSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1387
  2. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/CodeEvent.php at line 405
  3. XenForo_Model_CodeEvent->importEventListenersAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 316
  4. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
  5. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenCentral/Framework/Model/AddOn.php at line 25
  6. XenCentral_Framework_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  7. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 187
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/ecigssac/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Please ensure all files have been uploaded and try again.

Damn that was quick! Back to the drawing board then, see if I can find why it's stopped working :)

<span class="classname">User Title</span>

and in extra.css

span.classname {
color:blue;
font-weight:bold;
}

Top Bottom