Force members to accept rules and guidelines for a particular sub forum

spk100

I have a section on my forum for discussion on politics. This gets a lot of heated discussions and many members are put off by the discussions that's happening here.

I want to limit access to only to those who have accepted a separate set of rules and guidelines specifically for this forum.

Is there a way to do this?

Reactions: jul
You could create a politics usergroup then add a custom field where members “agree” to whatever rules you set, which then adds them to the politics usergroup so they can opt in and out themselves (or your mods can remove them from the group if needed).

Here's the add-on that can make this work: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/user-promotion-on-profile-update.4988/

Put your separate rules as a sticky somewhere, then create an extra checkbox profile field called "Access politics forum" or something similar and set-up the add-on to promote members to the politics usergroup when they check and save the field (and remove them from the usergroup when they untick the field).

Tell members where to go to on their user profile page to check the box and let them manage it for themselves; moderators can add them to a "Cannot access politics" usergroup that has revoke set for everything if they want to exclude members.

Top Bottom