Resource icon

[bd] Tag Me for XenForo 1.3 3.2.0

No permission to download
xfrocks said:
robinhood said (in old thread):
Just installed this and experimented a bit and it seems to be working great, so many thanks for the release! I can see this becoming a highly used feature!​
After having a read through the thread my top requests for development of this mod would be:​
1. A pop up box with the member list auto complete.​
2. Removing the duplicate alert when tagged, is this a tough workaround?​
3. Capability to tag XF usergroups​
4. Email alert options.​
That's just a wish list though, this mod is amazing in itself already, so please keep up the great work :)

xfrocks said:
I have 1 and 2 covered in 1.2, check it out: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-tag-me.386/. 3 and 4 are not likely to be implemented though.

Awesome, thanks for the new release! The new auto complete is fantastic! :D

P.S.
I have no idea why, but for ages I've been reading your name as x frocks, not xf rocks. I've had this mental image of some dude programming away making these add ons wearing a crazy frock :confused:

It did strike me as weird, then the penny dropped and I realised what I idiot I am. I'll see myself out...

Is there any possibility of getting this working with [XFR] User Albums so that we can tag people when commenting on images? That would be incredible as we could essentially tag users in uploaded photo albums :)

EDIT: It seems to work but only intermittently for me. The tagging seems a bit hit or miss depending on whose tagging and whose getting tagged. The username doesn't get converted into a link either. I'm not sure if it's my end or the way the add on works. But if it were to integrate a bit better with the this user album add, converting to links, with the pop up box etc. that would be great :)

Is there any possibility of getting this working with [XFR] User Albums so that we can tag people when commenting on images? That would be incredible as we could essentially tag users in uploaded photo albums :)

EDIT: It seems to work but only intermittently for me. The tagging seems a bit hit or miss depending on whose being tagged and whose getting tagged. The username doesn't get converted into a link either. I'm not sure if it's my end or the way the add on works. But if it were to integrate a bit better with the this user album add, converting to links, with the pop up box etc. that would be great :)
Basically other add-on is not supported for now but I will look into that

I just wanted to say, this is one of the best Add-on I've installed on my forum!!! Myself as well as the members are loving it!

I thank you xfrocks for creating such a useful and brilliant mod!

1 request, if it already doesn't exist in the mod, members should be able to tag people on profile walls as well.

Ok I was fine on 1.1 but I just updated to 1.2.3 and it breaks all the ajax features of the site. Even the quick reply box disappeared. Disabling didn't fix it either I had to uninstall completely to resume normal functionality. Did I miss something?

Can members tag each other in 'status updates' in the profile pages?
Currently not.

Ok I was fine on 1.1 but I just updated to 1.2.3 and it breaks all the ajax features of the site. Even the quick reply box disappeared. Disabling didn't fix it either I had to uninstall completely to resume normal functionality. Did I miss something?
Did you upload properly? Please try uploading the files again to make sure.
Also, which browser did you use?

Tried everything I could think of. Re-uploaded reinstalled disabled a few other ajax plugins in case it was a conflict, still nothing reverted back to 1.1 for the moment as its high traffic time. I'm trying to think of anything else that might be conflicting at the moment. On Opera.

Tried everything I could think of. Re-uploaded reinstalled disabled a few other ajax plugins in case it was a conflict, still nothing reverted back to 1.1 for the moment as its high traffic time. I'm trying to think of anything else that might be conflicting at the moment. On Opera.

Did you tried with any other browsers? Anyway, you should send me a message with your site's information. Thanks

Let me give it a go once the traffic dies down a little and if it still doesn't work. I will drop you a message. Sorry for the trouble :/

Cheers although it does not seem to work with the mobile style on android at least thus rendering it useless. I've gotten rid of it completely its more likely to conflict with other stuff as well given the case.

Is there any way to tweak the JS to prompt usernames a little faster?

Cheers although it does not seem to work with the mobile style on android at least thus rendering it useless. I've gotten rid of it completely its more likely to conflict with other stuff as well given the case.

Is there any way to tweak the JS to prompt usernames a little faster?
Strange. I installed the add-on and tested quickly with Chrome, Safari and Firefox and they are all working fine.

Btw, the username suggestion is using default XenForo's mechanism. It only starts working after you type 2 characters (like "@xf"). It's a good trade off between usability and performance I think.

Strange indeed. Maybe its a mix between the mobile style detection + Wipe to go?

Yes I was just going through the JS and noticed you built it using the default autocomplete . Maybe its not possible but what I meant was the delay in between typing more than two characters plus the prompting there is about 2 seconds. maybe one and a half. But its a noticeable lag (if i may use the word)

Strange indeed. Maybe its a mix between the mobile style detection + Wipe to go?

Yes I was just going through the JS and noticed you built it using the default autocomplete . Maybe its not possible but what I meant was the delay in between typing more than two characters plus the prompting there is about 2 seconds. maybe one and a half. But its a noticeable lag (if i may use the word)
As far as I know, the add-on doesn't do mobile style detection. Its script is added for all requests. No? Also, you are having problem on desktop browsers or mobile browsers? Please note that WYSIWYG editor is not available on mobile browsers FYI.

Also, the options is tweakable. If you can skim my javascript, I think you can easily play around with different settings ;)

The addon for mobile style detection is a separate plugin. And no the issues is with the desktop browsers :) It persists through all of them with wipe2 go installed on my side.

Yup thats the plan. However I may have found another issue. XF Auto Save doesn't seem to be working either. I suspect its something to do with the tinymce JS. I should probably report that under that plugin tho right?

Top Bottom