BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
Just seen there is actually no orphan button. Not sure why it has disappeared. I guess it needs to import again buttons from Advanced BBcodes Toolbar add-on.
Here another problem : when I try to import BBM_BbCodes_AdvBbCodes.xml from manager, it says the method callback is not valid. (Veuillez entrer une méthode callback valide.)
That's my fault I should have split the Bb Codes in two xml. The reason is simple: some of the Bb Codes (picasa and... I'm not sure if there are other ones since the premium bbcodes are not longer needed) require an extra addon with a dedicated callback.

Upgrade your version of PHP

5.2.x reached end of life December 2010 (almost 2 1/2 years ago). There is also a few known security issues which have not been patched or addressed.

Suggest you upgrade to php 5.4 as 5.5 will soon be released.

If you can't do this because you don't know how, ask for help and I'll be happy to do it for you. OR if you're on a shared hosting account, ask your host if they offer something newer and if not, find a new host.
HostGator is stock on a 5.2.x version, but you can put an addendum in the .htaccess and use 5.3.x.

HostGator is stock on a 5.2.x version, but you can put an addendum in the .htaccess and use 5.3.x.
Someone really should tell Host Gator to update.... htaccess is quick fix for backward compatibility, but there comes a time when keeping the older software (php 5.2) loses it worth and I'm not talking customer....

You could be using htaccess to move your site to 5.3, but the server at large still has 5.2 and is very much hackable

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=php+5.2+security+issues

Someone really should tell Host Gator to update.... htaccess is quick fix for backward compatibility, but there comes a time when keeping the older software (php 5.2) loses it worth and I'm not talking customer....

You could be using htaccess to move your site to 5.3, but the server at large still has 5.2 and is very much hackable

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=php 5.2 security issues
Why you think I jumped ship from them and went to a VPS. That and the fact that I wanted to use GeoIP.

Why you think I jumped ship from them and went to a VPS. That and the fact that I wanted to use GeoIP.
(y)

A lot of those "large companies" don't make it a priority to update. I partly understand that compatibility can be an issue when you have X amount of people depending on Z resource, but sometimes you have to give people some tough love & think what is best for the larger picture.

Someone is going to come along and Host Gator is going to watch all those X people run for the hills as their sites are all trashed or used to send out spam.

Using php 5.4.14 at the moment. I think any host worth their salt should be think php 5.4 is legacy, as 5.5 is just around the corner (5.3 already reached end of life).

(y)

A lot of those "large companies" don't make it a priority to update. I partly understand that compatibility can be an issue when you have X amount of people depending on Z resource, but sometimes you have to give people some tough love & think what is best for the larger picture.

Someone is going to come along and Host Gator is going to watch all those X people run for the hills as their sites are all trashed or used to send out spam.

Using php 5.4.14 at the moment. I think any host worth their salt should be think php 5.4 is legacy, as 5.5 is just around the corner (5.3 already reached end of life).
Until all modules (like GeoIP) are updated, you will have to use legacy versions.

Until all modules (like GeoIP) are updated, you will have to use legacy versions.
Fendora, SuSe, and others are dropping it from support.

Development on GeoIP hasn't been forth coming

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GeoIP discontinued

The php modules were mostly dependent on the main project. And as that's not really been going anywhere.... I wouldn't be surprised if it is phased out.

I'm sure that php could carry it on themselves (the protocol is after all common), but as that module for php isn't so widely used.... Again.... Wouldn't be surprised.

If you create an BBCode with no content, for example to have an [clear]-BBCode, the result for me was a fatal error.

If you create an BBCode with no content, for example to have an [clear]-BBCode, the result for me was a fatal error.
XenForo parser is not like, for example, the Wordpress parser. It must have an opening tag & a closing tag. If you don't put the closing tag in a message, it will try to add it.
But what I don't understand is how did you do to :
1) create a Bb Bcode with no content (did you use the template method?)
2) to get this fatal error (what do you call a "fatal error"? is it the datawriter error that informs you you can"t create the Bb Code or is it a server error with a "white screen of death")

On the Screen it showed me something like this:
Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception(.....here it goes on but this is all I had copied out of my browser)

And this is the configuration of the clear-code:
clear1.webp
clear2.webp
It should be used to get rid of any floatings done by a float BBCode at any point I think it might be useful.
For example at the end of an paragraph. This is the reason why it makes no sens for me to have any Content between these two tags, but without the content I would get the fatal error form above.

On the Screen it showed me something like this:
Fatal error: Method XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper::__toString() must not throw an exception(.....here it goes on but this is all I had copied out of my browser)

And this is the configuration of the clear-code:
View attachment 44992
View attachment 44993
It should be used to get rid of any floatings done by a float BBCode at any point I think it might be useful.
For example at the end of an paragraph. This is the reason why it makes no sens for me to have any Content between these two tags, but without the content I would get the fatal error form above.
This BbCode is working fine for me. The error message is the same than the "user" bbcode had when it was installed with the DigitalPoint ads position addon (I'm not sure if it's the correct title). You might actually have found why the "user" BbCode of Bbcm had sometimes a problem: when he hadn't any content. If it's coming again from the DigitalPoint addon, you should see this with him directly and tell him what you've found. It should help a lot. If it's not that, it might be hard to find. Do you have a lot of addons? (edit:=> to see if it can come from one of them)

Ok it's some how gone for the forum after playing a while with the addons :confused: but it looks like it isn't caused by any of them cause I reenabled all of them , but it still happens for XenCarta, but I don't know if it is a problem of XenCarta or any other addon.
The file is .../library/EWRcarta/ViewPublic/PageView.php on line 0. But I don't really know what this line 0 means.

I would be really happy if you could tell me what I should tell Jaxel cause it seems to be caused by the clear-code.
Edit: I have to add that I copied this code from the old Custom BB Code Manager where it worked quite nice with XenCarta.

Ok it's some how gone for the forum after playing a while with the addons :confused: but it looks like it isn't caused by any of them cause I reenabled all of them , but it still happens for XenCarta, but I don't know if it is a problem of XenCarta or any other addon.
The file is .../library/EWRcarta/ViewPublic/PageView.php on line 0. But I don't really know what this line 0 means.

I would be really happy if you could tell me what I should tell Jaxel cause it seems to be caused by the clear-code.
Edit: I have to add that I copied this code from the old Custom BB Code Manager where it worked quite nice with XenCarta.
I've tested with the DigitalPoint Ads position and I confirm it doesn't like empty Bb Codes at all. There's a workaround but it's not that clean. During doing this workaround, I've modified a line of code in the BBM. Check here if it can help you.

For XenCarta I don't use it. I just use XenPorta and it's working fine. When you say it doesn't work, is it still the empty bbcode content problem?

It works, thanks.(y) (y):)
Now I only have to checkout if I can get rid of some caused by HTML and CSS, maybe the one of the Borwser or XenForo.:cry:

It works, thanks.(y) (y):)
Thank you for the feedback. I've tested actually the DigitalPoint Addon without the workaround but with only the bbcodes patch and it's working too. So the workaround is not needed ^^ It just helped to find where the problem came from.
I'm going to publish an update then.

Top Bottom