XF 2.0 Banned Users

GSCimbom

Hi everyone,

I need to help about banned members.My banned users want to see my forum(they just see my forum,they can't write messages).I change user group permission and I'm add new group for banned members.But it didn't work.How can I solve this?

Banning prevents all access.

You would need to unban them and use user group permissions to prevent them posting instead.

Or they can visit the site as a guest, assuming guests can view content.
I organize user group permissions.Banned users group can see the forum.But it didn't work.

What is the normal permissions, what can banned users do?
If I want them to be able to read the forum, what should I do?
I have: Add user group on ban set to banned users group.
I have warnings that lead to temporary banning and I do not completely understand how to set it up in a good way, if possible.

As @Brogan says - banning is final and complete.
IF you want such people to have some restricted access and/or the ability to request a review/appeal/etc then you need a different approach.

What we do is to have a secondary UserGroup (we call it "Suspended" - you can decide) which removes all permissions except those we want them to retain - in our case, it's pretty much everything except use of one forum ("Appeals") and Conversations. Your choices may differ. As an initial step we "Suspend" errant users rather than banning them. If they appeal then we review and either reverse or fully ban them depending on the nature of the triggering offence.

And we periodically review all residual members in this state. Most will go dormant and we ultimately fully ban those.

EDIT: We "Suspend" users by issuing a Warning and having an associated Warning Action to apply the secondary UserGroup. All done in the front end by anyone with permission to Warn.

Top Bottom