• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[xxmP] XenXero Media Player

EQnoble

powered by flowplayer

Please remove the xxmU.html and xxmU.php files from your forum install as they present a security issue having to do with file checks as I was so kindly notified of.

You will also need to replace the /library/Xero/xxmP/Listener.php file with the new one in the newListener.zip The next update will include a real uploader and not a standalone setup.

This basically integrates Flowplayer a bit into XenForo so one can display some locally hosted video. At this point I have attached a sidebar uploader to the addon to help you let users upload some video.

I will also make a version of this with the upload underneath the quick reply editor as well as include it for a few more views/templates as they are needed.

This is a rebuild of a customization I made which now requires no default template edits. I will advise that if you don't have your XF installation in your web root you will need to edit a few of the templates created after you install this addon. I have updated this to reflect the changes which make it so if xenforo is installed in your web root you do not need any edits to the xxmp templates or bbcodes. The edits you must do if you have installed anywhere other than your web root only require adding a /subdirectory to a couple of lines.

You don't need the bbcodes...it just makes starting to use this much easier and gives you more options for use and a ready, easy to use one at that.

Untitled.webp
To test it register@... http://xenxero.com/threads/xxmp-demo-thread.1/

Installation:
  1. Extract the contents of the xxmP.v.1.0.0.a.zip file.
  2. Upload the contents of the UPLOAD directory to the folder you have xenforo installed in and make sure the permissions for the data/media directory is set to 777.
  3. If you have xenforo installed in a subdirectory such as yoursite.com/forum you will need to edit 3 templates.

Attachments

Installing xxmP - non web-root installations
To install xxmP to your xenforo installation when it is NOT in the site root and is in a sub-directory.

When you install xxmP to your site and your xf is in a subdirectory (/community, /forum , etc) you will need to specify this in the templates that are created by xxmP.

Edit the following templates: (I will suppose that xf is installed in www.sitename.com/forum in all of the following examples with "forum" being the sub-directory that xenforo is installed in. )

-----

xxmP_js

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/js/fp/flowplayer-3.2.6.min.js"></script> <xen:require css="xxmP.css" />
you must add: /path_to_xenforo, in this case I am adding /forum to the src

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="/forum/js/fp/flowplayer-3.2.6.min.js"></script> <xen:require css="xxmP.css" />
-----
xxmP_XFormer

edit this line:

Code:
flowplayer("a.xxmPlayer", "/swf/fp/flowplayer-3.2.7.swf", {
you must add: /path_to_xenforo , in this case I am adding /forum just before /swf
Code:
flowplayer("a.xxmPlayer", "/forum/swf/fp/flowplayer-3.2.7.swf", {
-----
xxmU_sidebar

edit this line:

Code:
<div class="panelq"><iframe src ="/xxmU.html" width="100%" height="400" frameBorder="0">
you must add: /path_to_xenforo, in this case I am adding /forum to the src
Code:
<div class="panelq"><iframe src ="/forum/xxmU.html" width="100%" height="40

-----
You will also need to add your sub-directory at the bottom the xxmU.php file you uploaded to your forum directory. Again here I am supposing you used /forum

find this line at the bottom of the doc
PHP:
echo "<br /><a href=\"/xxmU.html\">Refresh the uploader</a>\n";
Paste the following line and replace forum with the name of the directory where you have xenforo installed
PHP:
echo "<br /><a href=\"/forum/xxmU.html\">Refresh the uploader</a>\n";

If your forum is installed in a sub-directory and not your web root you will need to edit the bbcodes simple replacement start.

Edit:

Simple Replacement Start:
Code:
<a class="xxmPlayer"      href="/data/media/
If I installed xenforo in mysite.com/forum/ I would add /forum to the href...
Simple Replacement Start:
Code:
<a class="xxmPlayer"      href="/forum/data/media/

Do this for all xxmp bbcodes.

_________
Small update....on delete thread the video partially was on top of the delete post overlay. This is fixed.

to apply this update...
Simply re-download xxmP.v.1.0.0.a.zip and extract the addon-xxmP.xml and reinstall the addon with the new xml.

Two questions; When I come over the player the direct link to the media appears and propably easy to download. Is there a way to prevent that? Another one about remote flv files. Would you consider adding a feature to use remote flv (or or other media files)?

Two questions; When I come over the player the direct link to the media appears and propably easy to download. Is there a way to prevent that? Another one about remote flv files. Would you consider adding a feature to use remote flv (or or other media files)?
Do you mean encoding FLV or actaully uploading remoteley to your own server?

Two questions; When I come over the player the direct link to the media appears and propably easy to download. Is there a way to prevent that?

Yes I will address a way to mask the video location once I decide to push an update on this. It will still popup but it will be kind of lying (it will show a false path.)I have tried it already I just didn't include it with the bbcodes as I want to release a simple a version as possible first.

Another one about remote flv files. Would you consider adding a feature to use remote flv (or or other media files)?

I absolutely will not consider adding that feature...as I have just gone and done it. No need to consider. :-)
Updated

It is all in the bbcode here. The way I added the player support it allows you to use flowplayer any way you could use it normally including customizing the player itself which I will get into in this thread as I build up on this addon. The bbcodes only represent one method of calling the player but I was very determined to allow users to upload and embed videos so this got the majority of the original effort.

Do you mean encoding FLV or actaully uploading remoteley to your own server?

No, actually using the full remote link without uploading it to the server.

Example:
Code:
http://www.domainname.com/file.mp4
I would like to use this remote media file with this player.

Hi EQ.

I am curious about your selection of the Flow Player. I noticed Jaxel uses JW Player. Personally it doesn't make a different which player is used, but it would benefit everyone to use a single player from a software install and licensing perspective.

Do you see the Flow Player as having any advantages over JW?

Hi EQ.

I am curious about your selection of the Flow Player. I noticed Jaxel uses JW Player. Personally it doesn't make a different which player is used, but it would benefit everyone to use a single player from a software install and licensing perspective.

Do you see the Flow Player as having any advantages over JW?
lol i asked him the same question a few days ago :P

Anything else - http://www.www.domain_1.com/xf/

content.domain_2.com/dir/filename

filename.flv

rflv

In what may be the problem?
This mod only works if your XF installation is in the root dir, since you use /xf it wont work without modifications to the script. So thats why its not working for you.

I currently have the same issue. EQNoble has been nice enough to help me with it. Once its all modified Ill see if I can make a quick tutorial for peeps who use a sub-directory

This mod only works if your XF installation is in the root dir, since you use /xf it wont work without modifications to the script. So thats why its not working for you.

I currently have the same issue. EQNoble has been nice enough to help me with it. Once its all modified Ill see if I can make a quick tutorial for peeps who use a sub-directory
:) Thanks for offering man...I should have done this in the first place but I was in a hurry juggling a bunch of things. Thanks for help here as well...as you know I have been caught up with things.

Thank you :)
I'll wait for your message in this thread :)

Remove the bbcodes if you have added them already and grab the new ones and add those.

You need to follow the updated 2nd post in this thread using /xf in place of where I used /forum. This should solve your problem.

Update:

A few edits were made so you do not need to edit the bbcodes if you have xf installed in your web root.

BBcodes updated to reflect edits.

Remote BBcodes added here.

*As a note if you are using the remote bbcodes you will need to edit the path in those as well just like the local bbcodes.

Top Bottom