XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

The generated robots.txt has some validation errors.

Go to http://tool.motoricerca.info/robots-checker.phtml

Type: http://www.controlbooth.com/robots.txt

There are several errors regarding wildchar "*" character usage, and directories that don't use a trailing slash character.

An interesting error is apparently there is a specific way you should do line breaks for robots.txt files:

ERROR: This file uses one or more "NL+CR" line breaks (New Line followed by Carriage Return). This is wrong. You should write the robots.txt file with a text editor that generates lines terminated by CR,CR+NL, or NL.

Who knew?
Could you try this in Google WebMaster Tools and see if it complains about anything?
http://www.google.com/webmasters/ under Crawl -> Blocked Urls

If there are no errors about robots.txt I would not read too much into that. The robots.txt file has different semantics (technically Allow directive and wildcard is not permitted, but in practice all engines recognize them)

Could you try this in Google WebMaster Tools and see if it complains about anything?
http://www.google.com/webmasters/ under Crawl -> Blocked Urls

If there are no errors about robots.txt I would not read too much into that. The robots.txt file has different semantics (technically Allow directive and wildcard is not permitted, but in practice all engines recognize them)

Google came back clean, and I figured it would. I just wanted you to know about the validation results from that one test.

Rigel Kentaurus updated Sitemap for XenForo [1.2 compatible] with a new update entry:
1.3.2 Added support for Pages, Added possibility to block Baidu and Yandex

If you like this add-on, please post a review. It takes 1 minute and I enjoy the feedback! :)

Changes to Sitemap functionality

There has been added functionality to generate Pages into the Sitemap.

Any page that you have added through the Applications -> Node section will now be included, provided unregistered users have privileges to see it.

Changes to Robots.txt functionality

Added the possibility to block Baidu and Yandex

If you have no users, or traffic from China, or from Russia, you might want to block these search engine crawlers to conserve bandwidth

I have a question, I don't realy know if sitemap is submited to google & bing. in log file are listed just this.
Code:
INFO: 09/16/2013 00:19:49: Sitemap has been generated
INFO: 09/17/2013 00:10:04: Sitemap has been generated
INFO: 09/18/2013 04:28:30: Sitemap has been generated
INFO: 09/18/2013 14:38:55: Sitemap has been generated
But from what i know before in this log appear if sitemap was submited to google and bing, now just when sitemap was generate. You make some change an removed submit notification ?

I have a question, I don't realy know if sitemap is submited to google & bing. in log file are listed just this.
Code:
INFO: 09/16/2013 00:19:49: Sitemap has been generated
INFO: 09/17/2013 00:10:04: Sitemap has been generated
INFO: 09/18/2013 04:28:30: Sitemap has been generated
INFO: 09/18/2013 14:38:55: Sitemap has been generated
But from what i know before in this log appear if sitemap was submited to google and bing, now just when sitemap was generate. You make some change an removed submit notification ?
The sitemap is submitted by default. There is an option on your AdminCP -> options -> Sitemap that is "Ping to Google". At the end of the sitemap generation the system will ping Google with your sitemap

You can also manually submit it, just go to
http://www.google.com/webmasters/

And if you don't have it yet, register your domain. There is a crawl->sitemap section.
The sitemap is located in yourdomain.com/sitemap/sitemap.xml.gz

The nice thing about doing it yourself in Google Webmaster Tools is that it will tell you how many pages have been indexed already

After upgrading, I get this error when the cron runs:

Code:
Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: Undefined index: pages - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Model/Sitemap.php:63
Generated By: Howard, A moment ago

Stack Trace

#0 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Model/Sitemap.php(63): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Model/Sitemap.php(130): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Model_Sitemap->getSitemapClasses()
#2 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/CronEntry/RebuildSitemap.php(40): XfAddOns_Sitemap_Model_Sitemap->runAllAvailableSiteMaps(Array)
#3 [internal function]: XfAddOns_Sitemap_CronEntry_RebuildSitemap::run(Array, Array)
#4 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php(213): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry()
#6 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/adminx/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#8 /home/adminx/public_html/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(133) "http://adminextra.com/admin.php?cron/cemzoo_rebuild_sitemap/run&_xfToken=1130%2C1379529077%2C2e42852798f2ca05a50a6f485dc8092af76a9ffe"
  ["_GET"] => array(2) {
    ["cron/cemzoo_rebuild_sitemap/run"] => string(0) ""
    ["_xfToken"] => string(56) "1130,1379529077,2e42852798f2ca05a50a6f485dc8092af76a9ffe"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@The Sandman
1. Disable addon from admin.php?add-ons/
2. Download/unzip/upload all file on your server
3. Go to admin.php?add-ons and control/Upgrade Add-on with new xml version.
4. Enable your addon, and all is done, without issue.

I have upgraded to the newer version - how do i know if there is an issue?
Check your server logs, if you see
ErrorException: Undefined index: pages - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/Model/Sitemap.php:63

Then upgrade to 1.3.2b version, it fixed that one
Or use the same tip I gave to Sandman, go to Options -> Sitemap, and click send

.. and if you don't have it, you can just ignore the update.

i think this has been asked before but i didn't see a definitive answer from the author... does this index jaxel's xenmedio and other products? i was using this plugin first, then switched to jaxels sitemap plugin, but im having issues with it and might come back to this plugin.

i think this has been asked before but i didn't see a definitive answer from the author... does this index jaxel's xenmedio and other products? i was using this plugin first, then switched to jaxels sitemap plugin, but im having issues with it and might come back to this plugin.
Unless Jaxel added functionality for it, no, it doesn't, the sitemap can be extended to plugin additional sitemaps, but that is completely up to other addon's authors

Top Bottom