XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

ehm...search the forum but couldn't find it.....how do i get the sitemap in the footer.....like this in the visual

sitem.webp

My maximum memory is set to 1.2gig. The cron task for this add on runs out of memory.... isnt this a tad extreme?

I needed to create a sitemap and decided to use this ad on. The ad on "sitemap for xenforo" is schedule to run this evening.

So my question is whats next? Do I send the sitemap to google or will the "ad on" send it to google for me.

your help is appreciated

The add on will ping google and bing automatically.... that's if the build process finishes. Try running the cron manually and see if it completes. If you have a large board then you'll want to check it doesnt run out of memory in the process.

Got this errror running xenforo 1.2.5

ErrorException: Undefined index: HTTP_HOST - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/ControllerPublic/Robots.php:55
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 12:44 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/forum/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/ControllerPublic/Robots.php(55): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/var/www/forum/...', 55, Array)
#1 /var/www/forum/library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/ControllerPublic/Robots.php(37): XfAddOns_Sitemap_ControllerPublic_Robots->getSitemapLocation()
#2 /var/www/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XfAddOns_Sitemap_ControllerPublic_Robots->actionIndex()
#3 /var/www/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /var/www/forum/robots.php(27): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(45) "http://sitename.comindex.php?xfa-robots/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I'm receiving a similar error message as well since upgrading to xf 1.2.5 usually once every 24 Hours. The URL in array(3) appears to be missing a slash. The actual sitemap files appear to be generating, and the sitemap log states that they are still generating every day:

ErrorException: Undefined index: HTTP_HOST - library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/ControllerPublic/Robots.php:55
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 12:39 AM

Stack Trace

#0 /var/www/...../library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/ControllerPublic/Robots.php(55): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/var/www/...', 55, Array)
#1 /var/www/...../library/XfAddOns/Sitemap/ControllerPublic/Robots.php(37): XfAddOns_Sitemap_ControllerPublic_Robots->getSitemapLocation()
#2 /var/www/...../library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): XfAddOns_Sitemap_ControllerPublic_Robots->actionIndex()
#3 /var/www/...../library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /var/www/...../robots.php(27): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(40) "http://sitename.netindex.php?xfa-robots/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

My site does not show up as a map in the search engines. All I get are single page links. Am I doing something wrong here?

My site does not show up as a map in the search engines. All I get are single page links. Am I doing something wrong here?
That's what a sitemap does for you. It doesn't create an actual map of any kind, just a list of links to the pages on your website. It's good for you because it's easier and quicker for the search engines to read that list than use bots to trawl through your website recording the links as it goes, and maybe missing some.

Also, in my CP Options "robots text options" it mentions to use this in rewrites.

robots.txt => index.php?xfa-robots/index

When I put this into my htaccess it breaks by site. Any help would be appreciated.

CP Options "robots text options" it mentions to use this in rewrites.

When I put this into my htaccess it breaks by site. Any help would be appreciated.

CP Options "robots text options" it mentions to use this in rewrites.

Search in your .htaccess for:

Code:
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]

Replace it with:

Code:
RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml) - [NC,L]
        RewriteRule (robots\.txt)$ robots.php [NC,L]

Do not use this code in your .htaccess:

Code:

Thanks!

Should the admin/ Options >
Robots.txt options

actually rewrite lines in my robots.txt ? I don't see a change being added in their now? Do I need to set the permissions to 777 or something?

Top Bottom