XML Sitemap for XenForo 1.3 [Not needed, included in 1.4]

As long as the whatever is running your webservices is the one listed as the user on them I'd think it should be.

....I actually didn't have a sitemap folder like the instructions said I would. I had to create it. Wonder if that goes hand in hand with my last question.

So when I go into webmaster tools all I still see is the one I uploaded at the beginning. Is google supposed to come grab this and update, on it's own nightly? I'm not real familiar with all this yet and I would like to be assured my site is at least being indexed and ranked and found right by google, and all that.

Any advice?

You need to go into your sitemap folder on your server and add each file you want to track on google webmaster tools. Your sitemap will be indexed if you have it installed and configured properly. It should show the date google indexed it last on the webmaster tools page under sitemaps. If not- it will show an error icon.

OOOH I thought it added a new entry each time, didn't realize it just changed the time stamp. I do see now last index date on the 2nd. How often does it do it, so I can monitor, do you know?

Thanks for your help.

Oh, also, just sayin but, I didn't have a Sitemap folder by default in my install. The plugin said I would.. So I created it before install. It is putting stuff in there fine, and I uploaded (well linked to) the main sitemap.xml.gz to google when I first ran this.

I don't remember the date, not sure if 2nd or before..

Edit: Ok I see this: This Sitemap index was submitted Nov 29, 2013, and processed Dec 2, 2013.

But not sure if that means it only did it the one time..

OOOH I thought it added a new entry each time, didn't realize it just changed the time stamp. I do see now last index date on the 2nd. How often does it do it, so I can monitor, do you know?

Thanks for your help.

Oh, also, just sayin but, I didn't have a Sitemap folder by default in my install. The plugin said I would.. So I created it before install. It is putting stuff in there fine, and I uploaded (well linked to) the main sitemap.xml.gz to google when I first ran this.

I don't remember the date, not sure if 2nd or before..

Edit: Ok I see this: This Sitemap index was submitted Nov 29, 2013, and processed Dec 2, 2013.

But not sure if that means it only did it the one time..
You will see if It updated in the sitemap folder and in Google webmaster tools.

Well, it still shows the same date as the second. Is it supposed to update only so often or should I be concerned?

That's a complicated answer lol.

1. This plugin: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfr-user-albums.54/
2. The update found on that thread somewhere, to fix SOME bugs and add responsiveness
3. This plugin, to extend it: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfr-user-albums-more.991/
4. Then working here to fix bugs, all but a couple are fixed now: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...e-server-log-must-be-of-the-type-array.64246/

It's free, fairly good, but not without issues that's for sure.

Hi,

I'm still using the old version. How can I use the new version? what do I have to do?

I'm really bad with Xenforo. So waiting for your help.

Thanks!

How do I know whether the sitemap created ok or not?
There is no entry in the server error log despite having the option checked.
There is a .gz file for forums, one for pages and 21 for threads. The last one created two minutes after the process started with a last update date of 2005. We have 1.6 million threads.

Edit: I manually ran the process and after about 4 minutes, got this error:
Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

Our connection timeout is already set high enough.

The sitemap process should really be a deferred type process so that this doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Any chance you could add the capability to remove certain forums from the sitemap. I've got some off topic stuff set to noindex and it would be great if I could remove it from my sitemaps.

Top Bottom