[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on

[xH] Simple Blogs Add-on 1.0.44b

No permission to download
Thanks, Chris.

I have now rework my resource description and FAQ so that, I think so, now is all absolute clear what the ressource is, what I can do and what not. I hope its now better as bevore. (y)

Thanks, Chris.

I have now rework my resource description and FAQ so that, I think so, now is all absolute clear what the ressource is, what I can do and what not. I hope its now better as bevore. (y)

I think that's fair, I apologise for grilling you about it but the best policy is to be honest from the start what you can and can't do for your users.

It was my fault for not reading correctly and doing some investigative work. I hope you find the cause of that error and I hope your users enjoy using your add-on. That's all I am going to say, best of luck to you.

It was previously read clearly there, it is now only a little bit more clearly.
So I think I was honest from the beginning, when - when you just read it. ;)

What I learn from - I think I never again publish a language file or addon here (I have 36 resources online here) for free and for every one. Its often a work for hours or days, and the feedback dosnt comes or the way like in this thread last days. That make no or less sense for me.

It was previously read clearly there - it is now that only a little more clearly.
So I was honest from the beginning, when you only read it. ;)

What I learn - I think I never again publish a language file or addon here (I have 36 resources online here) for free and for every one. Its often a work for hours or days, and the feedback dont comes or so like in this thread last days. That make less sense for me.

Well if you release add ons here you have a duty to fix or look into bugs people post regardless if they are free or not... Either that or mark them as unmaintained. I'm not trying to be ungrateful I am sure the community appreciates your work. Publicly you respond to messages which is great, but you shouldn't tell someone you will look at the bug and get back to them the next day and then come on and ignore them for 2-3 days. (who knows how long you'd have ignored my requests if I didn't call it out). I see I'm not the only user of this add on who's had unresolved issues in this thread but that's besides the point.

If you want to talk about this you can do it privately like Chris said, but first you'll need to unblock me? I've been unable to pm you. The only reason I brought my concerns out here publicly was because you were ignoring my PM's.

And if you want to threaten the XF community by saying you will never post something here again, then that's your call but hardly the mature one. All I ever ask is that you stand by and support work you post on here or publicly state you don't have the time before people download and install it or mark it as unmaintained.

As I said, let's follow Chris's advice and discuss this privately if you have more to say. My hands are tied since you blocked me from messaging you.

Last edited:
Please respect what Chris say in there last post here. I think you realy dont understand what Chris or I sayed to you in the last and deleted posts bevor and I have realy no interesting to entertain you any more.

As last hint to think about - try to make one or more own resources and judge later. Thats all, good lock. :censored:

@otto

Hello Otto,

Thanks for this plugin...

I would like to show the tab blog on the navigation bar but hide content for some groups but I only have "members or visitors as groups so is there any option to add my own groups?
The goal is showing the title but hide the content and replace it with a message.

Thank you

Hello,

what you mean is, that group members they not have the rights to view the blogs can see the "Blogs" Link/Tab only and when they click on it, it should come up just a message like "You have not enough rights to see the blogs" eg?

I think that can I do, but give me litle bit time for - iam in germany and its work time now and I do it after my work time in my free time. ;)

Hello,

what you mean is, that group members they not have the rights to view the blogs can see the "Blogs" Link/Tab only and when they click on it, it should come up just a message like "You have not enough rights to see the blogs" eg?

I think that can I do, but give me litle bit time for - iam in germany and its work time now and I do it after my work time in my free time. ;)

Yes, that's what I want but showing a message instead content for members who don't have rights. :)
The goal is just adding some new permissions.

Thank you

I'm completely locked out.
I was so excited about this addon, I uploaded it (didn't uninstall good enough blogs because I have no members yet) and when I tried to install [XH]_SimpleBlogs_1.0.44b it - I got this message:

Fatal error
: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_XfAddOns_Blogs_Override_Model_User in
/home1/my-stuff-here/public_html/our_community/library/XenForo/Application.php(527) : eval()'d code on line 1

Couldn't do anything so I uninstalled everything and reinstalled better blogs, but i still keep getting the same message and I cannot get into cpanel at all.

Please help!

thanks

I wrote it two times on overview page and FAQ page: there is a detailed instruction to update. A simple normal update can not be done. More can I not do - sorry.

On the overview tab you can read this:
upload_2016-8-17_10-18-22.webp

And under the FAQ Ttab you can read this:
upload_2016-8-17_10-17-4.webp

And as a 3. point:
Attachment upload works in certain cases only with enough php memory (256 MB or more) set on server and domain side.
I have tested it with Xenforo 1.5.4 up to 1.5.9 with every single version and my fork Simple Blogs - Attachment works like it should. with 192-256 MB php memory limit set.
But on the same domain, in a other Xenforo 1.5.9 installation with 15-20 addons and the same version from my Simple Blogs the attachment upload in the blogs sucks with less then 256MB php memory limit set. Why? Good question.

I put now the third point to the FAQ here, so its better to find. :)

Can someone please tell me where to find the template to edit the 'welcome message'. My site is about my researching my family's history (genealogy research). I want to use the Blog addon for that topic. It confuses my members when the welcome message encourages them to use it as a personal diary or the like. Please help. I have searched every place i can think of. thanks! Rhonda

Hi, before I download this - do likes and comments show up in a users notifications?

@otto

Seems the alerts system is completely broken

Likes process, the text changes to "unlike" and then on page refresh goes back to "Like" and is never saved. Same with alerts for comments, they never get sent either.

done. ;)

Sorry guys, but I have since months now absolute no time to do anything on this add-on or other ones from me. I go with over 40 now fulltime to scool again and after I work with my wife in our own little bussiness now. That are two fulltime jobs every day.

So I dont can find time to code anything for xenforo...

Top Bottom