• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XFStop Mobile Style

I'm not a developer but I'm asking myself why it's so difficult to autoswitch to this style when a mobile user is detected. I've seen a lot of script that do exactly that. Also I cannot understand why if you switch to another style in XF you are stuck with this style unless you switch manually back... Not complaining just curiosity...

The detection and redirection isn't the problem, it's the session, basically if you log in on your phone browsing the mobile style, when you go to your desktop it would retain the mobile style still. Unless this has changed in the past versions, styles were account based not session based.

As for them taking this upon them, I'd much rather have them focus on developing the core and other features before a mobile style.

I think this discussion may be better placed in a different thread...

Re-reading this thread just a heads up... the style on the first post IS functional, still works well on mobile phones.

So I started playing around with jquery mobile yesterday, now I have a very rudimentary mobile style working but the links don't always work correctly. I'm wondering if you encountered any similar problems?

So I started playing around with jquery mobile yesterday, now I have a very rudimentary mobile style working but the links don't always work correctly. I'm wondering if you encountered any similar problems?

I did - try adding a backslash in front of the link your having problems loading in the template code.

Some more documentation here:
http://jquerymobile.com/demos/1.0a4.1/#docs/pages/link-formats.html

The backslash was just a fix I found through the forums

I'm sorry for not reading all the 8 pages, but on my old vb board i use apache rewrite rules to detect if the client is a mobile or a pc and redirect them to the right version of the site. For me it works because i only have 1 mobile style and 1 normal style, it may be somewhat unconvenient for forums with many styles (the user will be reset to the default style all the time). Anyway here you go:
Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} !android|blackberry|ipad|iphone|ipod|iemobile|opera mobile|palmos|webos|googlebot-mobile
RewriteRule ^$ http://www.myforum.com/desktop [L,R]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} android|blackberry|ipad|iphone|ipod|iemobile|opera mobile|palmos|webos|googlebot-mobile
RewriteRule ^$ http://www.myforum.com/mobile [L]

It must be customized with the right parameters to redirect to the right style and not interfere with the seo rewrite rules used by xenforo, i still didn't finish development on my xenforo installation so i still didn't take care of this, but the basic code is the one i quoted in here.

Sorry...
The htaccess entries...
No this skin is great, but my user's don't get the multiple skins - so I am waiting for the auto switch solution when it gets finalized.
Try this. Seems to work for my android. I havent had a chance to test it on iphone or other mobile devices.

If you do have an iphone i would appreciate if you went to mmazone.com.au and see if it takes you to the featured news forum instead of the portal, cheers.

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} android|avantgo|blackberry|blazer|compal|elaine|fennec|hiptop|iemobile|ip(hone|od)|iris|kindle|lge\ |maemo|midp|mmp|opera\ m(ob|in)i|palm(\ os)?|phone|p(ixi|re)\/|plucker|pocket|psp|symbian|treo|up\.(browser|link)|vodafone|wap|windows\ (ce|phone)|xda|xiino [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^(1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a\ wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r\ |s\ )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1\ u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp(\ i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-|\ |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac(\ |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt(\ |\/)|klon|kpt\ |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg(\ g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|e\-|e\/|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(di|rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-|\ |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v\ )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg(13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v\ )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-|\ )|webc|whit|wi(g\ |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|xda(\-|2|g)|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-) [NC]
RewriteRule ^$ http://mmazone.com.au/community/forums/featured-news.3/ [R,L]

Try this. Seems to work for my android. I havent had a chance to test it on iphone or other mobile devices.

If you do have an iphone i would appreciate if you went to mmazone.com.au and see if it takes you to the featured news forum instead of the portal, cheers.

Code:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} android|avantgo|blackberry|blazer|compal|elaine|fennec|hiptop|iemobile|ip(hone|od)|iris|kindle|lge\ |maemo|midp|mmp|opera\ m(ob|in)i|palm(\ os)?|phone|p(ixi|re)\/|plucker|pocket|psp|symbian|treo|up\.(browser|link)|vodafone|wap|windows\ (ce|phone)|xda|xiino [NC,OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^(1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a\ wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r\ |s\ )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1\ u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp(\ i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-|\ |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac(\ |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt(\ |\/)|klon|kpt\ |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg(\ g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|e\-|e\/|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(di|rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-|\ |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v\ )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg(13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v\ )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-|\ )|webc|whit|wi(g\ |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|xda(\-|2|g)|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-) [NC]
RewriteRule ^$ http://mmazone.com.au/community/forums/featured-news.3/ [R,L]

Wow, ok so I have two sets of rules - one switches all www to non-www. The other is XenForo's htaccess entries...
I am assuming I'd place this set of instructions inbetween those two areas - correct?

iPhone 4 take me to the featured news. Thanks!!! Bot how can I apply this to switch style?

Wow, ok so I have two sets of rules - one switches all www to non-www. The other is XenForo's htaccess entries...
I am assuming I'd place this set of instructions inbetween those two areas - correct?
Im not quite sure sorry but I have a re-direct, if i put it after that in my .htaccess it wouldnt work, if it i put it before it then it works. So im guessing yes, it should be the first thing in your .htaccess file :)

iPhone 4 take me to the featured news. Thanks!!! Bot how can I apply this to switch style?
Hmm not sure. I am only guessing here but maybe you can use the 'style chooser' link at the bottom of the page and right click and copy the URL to the style you want. This MAY work but its kind of dodgy, no harm in trying I guess.

Hmm not sure. I am only guessing here but maybe you can use the 'style chooser' link at the bottom of the page and right click and copy the URL to the style you want. This MAY work but its kind of dodgy, no harm in trying I guess.

Ah... OK, so I have a subdomain which redirects to the skin choser url...
This solution, while "automatic" in a sense, still won't get past the "Do you wish to change skins?" problem nor will it surpase the issue of once someone picks the "Mobile" skin, if they login via desktop - it will still be the mobile skin...

Thanks... Guess still waiting to see what transpires during XF's development.

Ah... OK, so I have a subdomain which redirects to the skin choser url...
This solution, while "automatic" in a sense, still won't get past the "Do you wish to change skins?" problem nor will it surpase the issue of once someone picks the "Mobile" skin, if they login via desktop - it will still be the mobile skin...

Thanks... Guess still waiting to see what transpires during XF's development.
Ahh yeh that makes sense. Thought something like that would pop-up. Its a shame because the XF forums arent good at all on mobile devices. Hopefully someone will come up with a fix soon

Top Bottom