xF Host Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pleased to announce that (after very little sleep) all clients have been migrated from OVH to our new Jacksonville location!

Congrats on getting out of the hellhole :P

I know you probably already know this now, but in future, WebHostingTalk is your friend :) Always check reviews there before using a provider.

I am pleased to announce that (after very little sleep) all clients have been migrated from OVH to our new Jacksonville location!
Alright. I didn't notice this yet and so we've been still using the old server.

Give me a moment to back it up so that I can restore it to current.... ie.... Any post which were made since you announced this.

Noticed a few folders were chmod 750

public_html for example

I changed them myself to 755

May want to revisit and fix permissions.

A little too late LOL

Hello Sir,

I've just lift the suspended status of all of your servers.

Please keep in mind, that OVH wont tolerate any other occurrence of this kind. If this happens again, we'll have no choice that suspend your servers, without a new possibility to reactivate again.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a good day,

--
Daniel B. @ SWAT Support OVH

A lease to own program though Server Complete who has several cages there. Our primary provider will be nLayer on 1Gbps ports.

Mike, first of all, thank you for your recent purchase and it has been great working with you thus far. We look forward to a long term business relationship with you and your company.

As Mike has stated, we do have private cage space in GoRACK with our own cabinets and equipment. Our network is entirely separate from GoRACK, we have our own carriers and fiber into the building and do not rely on their network at all.

Just as long as it doesn't become 800 UNDERWater St. :D

I'm leery of anywhere along the Gulf Coast for data storage, hosting. Especially with the hurricane history recently. Same thing with Houston, TX.

The physical building is above the FEMA 200 year flood plain, and all infrastructure is built within the walls of the building, on elevated pads, and the facility is on the 2nd floor with a 24" raised floor on top of that. It would take a really major hurricane to affect the building, and we would have much greater concerns to worry about. The building itself is an active Federal Reserve Bank and is very heavily fortified and can withstand a catastrophic hurricane.

Did a traceroute from various locations. They may be carrier neutral, but at least from my limited testing all traffic to Gorack backhauls through Atlanta.

This is actually by design -- Part of our means of providing such low pricing is to not purchase our transit locally in Jacksonville, since it is a tier 2 market with not enough capacity or competive pricing. We have 2 separate protected 10G waves that take diverse paths, from two separate carriers, back to Atlanta. We then backhaul nLayer and TeliaSonera from Atlanta over our transport network. Our next network upgrade will expand our reach to Dallas and Miami.

Hopefully this will clear up some of the comments in this thread. As always, any questions, let me know.

Thanks,
Daniel

The physical building is above the FEMA 200 year flood plain, and all infrastructure is built within the walls of the building, on elevated pads, and the facility is on the 2nd floor with a 24" raised floor on top of that. It would take a really major hurricane to affect the building, and we would have much greater concerns to worry about. The building itself is an active Federal Reserve Bank and is very heavily fortified and can withstand a catastrophic hurricane.

One of the reasons I just ordered a dedi with ya'll.... now Mike's just about talked me into forking over more for some more toys for it. I really need to wait till the first of the month when I have the spare cash (going to be at least another $90 a month for hardware RAID card and 2 128gb SSD's). I KNEW the other shoe would drop. ;)

One of the reasons I just ordered a dedi with ya'll.... now Mike's just about talked me into forking over more for some more toys for it. I really need to wait till the first of the month when I have the spare cash (going to be at least another $90 a month for hardware RAID card and 2 128gb SSD's). I KNEW the other shoe would drop. ;)

Where's my commission Dan? :D

Where's my commission Dan? :D

Heck... I WAS going to use that money to get another server for a testbed to play with. At the price they are you can't pass them up right now. Just hafta figure out how to justify to the wife having a 2gb VPS, 2 24GB dedicated servers just for "play"....hmmmm.. maybe Shelley or Kim will chime in and give some pointers on what they would believe. :p

A little too late LOL

Hello Sir,

I've just lift the suspended status of all of your servers.

Please keep in mind, that OVH wont tolerate any other occurrence of this kind. If this happens again, we'll have no choice that suspend your servers, without a new possibility to reactivate again.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a good day,

--
Daniel B. @ SWAT Support OVH

Then they need to excerise that zero-tolerance on their own bozos who arbitrarily disabled servers based on activity level rather than actual conduct, which is totally idiotic -- a successful customer wil show high levels of activity. That's desirable. It means they're generating money to pay the server bills. :D

OVH has shot themselves in the foot for years to come. Any "what is a good ISP" thread around here now will inevitably include warnings to avoid OVH at all costs.

Glad to hear you're back on-line!

And despite the efforts of a couple detractors to derail the thread, there was also some generally useful information buried in here.

OVH has shot themselves in the foot for years to come. Any "what is a good ISP" thread around here now will inevitably include warnings to avoid OVH at all costs.

What I find so amusing is that just TODAY alone, I checked my logs and had 4 attempts from OVH servers attempt to register and be refused because they are listed in multiple databases. :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom