Add-on XF Classifieds

ChrisTERiS was last seen:Nov 29, 2011 :(

I think he logged in to respond to my PM on Nov 29th.

I was PM'ing with Chris and asked him if he was still going to pursue porting his Classified add-on for XF and his reply:

Unfortunatelly not:unsure:. You know that vB community is never satisfied, so I spent lot of time to add more and more features there. From the other point, even if I bought a xenForo license just to be able to code the Classifieds, seems that it will takes me more time to study it well.

But really, I'll hapilly give the permission to anyone who has experiance to do it, without asking even a single cent in exchange.

Chris

So to me, he looks as though he's saying he will allow someone with the right skills to port his mod to XF.

sounds like this guy is the only one in the world who is capable (or not) to code a Classifieds Add-on :confused::p:D

Wow I am starting to see allot of that here.. coders not finishing or wanting to convert..

Why do you think that is you think Xenforo is failing to take off? or some other reason.

I have changed my forum over and the users love it and he traffic is up but I am holding up more customisations etc until this classifieds bit is done as i see it as an essential component moving onward.

It seems a bit strange that nobody is carrying out this add on maybe there is not the demand that I thought. On a side note how much does getting a add on like this cost to get coded from scratch?

Okay I am starting to get desperate for this addon as it is a really needed addon. I am guessing it is going to cost a fair bit if someone were to code it, so how about all of the people who want the addon can go into a payment pool?

I am willing to donate $100 for this project. If we can get say 20 people to donate $100 each, then there is $2k worth of coding. I don't know how license issues will be, but to be frank, I really do not care. The coder can keep the copyrights and sell the addon on xenforo.com. As long as there is updates, then I do not see a problem with it. I am guessing if more people buy the addon, the programmer will be more likely to add more features, etc.

Would anybody be interested in doing this?

Thanks.

Maybe we should open up a new thread, stating exactly what we want, and ask a programmer to give us a quote? Then we can all put the money in and pay him / her?

Classifieds could work very simple and could be implemented with a few coding tricks by a talented coder:

- allow a member to just submit ONE Forum-post (only 1 Post per Thread allowed).
- allow guests or registered members to contact the member who made the Forum-post (Classified-post) via a Simple Contact-Form (by utilizing the "XF Personal Conversation" interface), so literally position the "Contact-Form" underneath the Classifieds-Forum-post.

Think of Craigslist or other examples below.

Example 1:
http://www.exportid.com/?id=22972&name=lotus_chu

Example 2:
Forum-Classified post and the "Contact Form" underneath the Forum-post:
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/220917170/2011_hot_sale_antique_style_metal.html?s=p

-------------------------------------

So literally allow a member to make only ONE single post per Thread (Classified Ad) and give other users being able to directly contact the Classifieds-submitter via PC.

Allow member to choose whether he wants to submit a "Classified" (Contact via Personal Conversation) or a normal Forum-post (Discussion).

An option would be to allow "Classifieds-submitter" to either choose if he wants to allow "replies to his Classifieds-post" to show (like in a Forum) or whether he wants to be "Contacted" by other users via the "Contact Form" only.

Any coder out there who can put this together? Honestly, this should not be a big deal for a talented coder.........:)

I will get in contact with ChrisTERis about this. Consider this mod picked up for porting and supported by the xenPoints community. Any contributions given will entitle those people to a license, seat on the Board for decisions of the direction of this mod. If anyone is interested in making a contribution of $75+ let me know so I can set it up properly on http://xenpoints.com

Contributing :)
I won't be building ChrisTERis' version, I will do my own but contributions are always welcome. Those who contribute early get beta access, those who donate over $100 get to have input on the direction of the mod.

I won't be building ChrisTERis' version, I will do my own but contributions are always welcome. Those who contribute early get beta access, those who donate over $100 get to have input on the direction of the mod.

What about the arcade mod, points mod, etc? You sure you aren't spreading yourself too thin?

Top Bottom