XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Did the fact that the green style used Comic Sans not clue people into the fact it was for April Fool’s Day as a prank?

For 2023, let’s go in with a red variant using Papyrus, for maximum rate inducement.

Did the fact that the green style used Comic Sans not clue people into the fact it was for April Fool’s Day as a prank?

For 2023, let’s go in with a red variant using Papyrus, for maximum rate inducement.
People? Just one person. The usual. Doubt anyone else fell for it that hard and still hadn't realised nearly a year later.

Hey guys, I hope you are having fun but I need to ask... srsly 😳

I was browsing this topic but it is a bit too long (almost 60 pages, wow). Does somebody know if there is some feature list that that, what will probably come to 2.3 based on that, what devs said? Just saw something about new default-style and dark-mode as well, what about some improvments?

Hey guys, I hope you are having fun but I need to ask... srsly 😳

I was browsing this topic but it is a bit too long (almost 60 pages, wow). Does somebody know if there is some feature list that that, what will probably come to 2.3 based on that, what devs said? Just saw something about new default-style and dark-mode as well, what about some improvments?

There isn't any list of what features new version will have, or when XF 2.3 will be out, it can be this year or next year.

I was just wondering if somebody gathered that what said devs in many different threads but... fine. Thanks for your reply and have a nice day! 🌻

The sum total I’ve seen is there will be a revamp of the look, there will be a dark mode but that upgrading for most people will be relatively painless which suggests that whatever new features are coming don’t require a major retooling of things (which to me suggests something non-forum related)

I imagine they are improvements that make things better :)
Which, as we see here and in other threads, isn't always the same for everyone. Some seem to think that "make things better" means turn it into a general purpose CMS. Others just want improvements to the forum functionality. Still others want the forums to be more "social media"-like. To some degree, XF is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Someone will always complain that their pet improvement that they just know everyone needs (without, of course, actually consulting anyone else to see if they actually need it) wasn't included.

To be fair if this thread was meant to be a joke it would have been shut down by now.
Sometimes you just need to let things go.
But the developers have been fantastic with giving their input and intell.
So @Brogan if the green style was meant to be a joke why wasn't it removed? it's a second style here.
Also i read @Chris D comments telling us that they are looking at a range of styles.
Hence why you have not much of a clue yourself brogan.
So out with it mate. Let us know what you actually know. Let Chris bring you up to speed.

To be fair if this thread was meant to be a joke it would have been shut down by now.

Errr? I started this thread as a joke and to be fair it's only the last 58 pages where people have been treating it seriously

Besides, what's wrong with Comic Sans?

:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom