XF 2.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest concern is the communication. This is something I have been complaining about a long time ago, and then the thread got locked, and they even threatened the permissions of "some" users from replying to threads at all. (See this comment: https://xenforo.com/community/threa...ticipation-of-the-xf-team.209034/post-1592128).

I really recommend you to have a look at this thread:

well, you don’t want to be part of a community or customer to a place where you have no right to talk, or criticise about the product you paid for.

I have left my review about my experience with the customer service…

Claro! He did an outstanding job with this research.
For some reason, alot of "old-timers" who came out of the wood works in that thread, dont agree :LOL: must be a "good old boy" syndrome type of deal.

As for me, I could careless about rebuking and trying to make excuses. All I know, is the communication is lacking - and its become quite a concern 1+ year later of false promise.

well, you don’t want to be part of a community or customer to a place where you have no right to talk, or criticise about the product you paid for.

I have left my review about my experience with the customer service…
To be honest, I think they just shared that review in their Slack channel and made some fun of it. They don't seem to concern that much about the bad reviews, as long as people keep buying licenses and the amazing developers like @Ozzy47 and others keep developing addons for their software.

Again, don't get me wrong, Im sure the XF Devs have some outstanding skills as developers, but they're not made for marketing. I would really recommend them to invest some bucks in an external company or a part-time employee for this.

I find it a bit humorous they can blame us for conspiracy theories (or gut feelings) when they refuse to communicate. They still have not learned. Some have moved on. Some have stayed the course. A lot of us are on the fence. It's in their hands.
1689368077088.webp

"Xenforo 2.3 has been bubbling away for quite some time now and we are coming close to being able to show you the fruits of our labours"
#alwaysremember

With this massive delay and lack of comms from the developers and all the (justified) complaining about it, I do wonder if when 2.3 finally comes out, people will say it was totally worth it, or too little too late. I suspect the latter, unfortunately.

Big shame it's come to this, because for me, XF has the best balance of features v price out of all the forum products out there and works very smoothly. Shame it's such a small market and forums as a whole are in the doldrums, or the devs would feel under more pressure to release updates to keep up with the competition.

With this massive delay and lack of comms from the developers and all the (justified) complaining about it, I do wonder if when 2.3 finally comes out, people will say it was totally worth it, or too little too late. I suspect the latter, unfortunately.

People will be disappointed, as always, when you launch a product or a software even if is established is really difficult to meet the "vocal minority" expectations.

Nonetheless people will renew their license and gladly accept every update they can obtain. Most of them will be happy, some of them will not. Maybe someone will consider to change software, maybe.

Is a huge investment for someone change the platform they are based on. An update is better than nothing and probably enough to keep people on board.

I have a feeling they will address everything in the first post of this update when they will be ready to tease it.

No point to say something now to build again expectations and fail to meet them again.

Still laughing at all the impatient people on here. Only because laughing is what we can do.
Chill out everyone.
This thread came about as a joke first up to being a serious thread.
it's gone full circle.
As for the version we're discussing right now it's a strong possibility that the developers might be finding some of you to be a bit too rude and aren't bothering.
They're based in the UK and if you weren't brought up by any UK citizens then you don't know what respect is.
It doesn't take much to be respectful of them all. They're not all rude people, posh maybe, but not rude.

Big shame it's come to this, because for me, XF has the best balance of features v price out of all the forum products out there and works very smoothly. Shame it's such a small market and forums as a whole are in the doldrums, or the devs would feel under more pressure to release updates to keep up with the competition.
I agree.
the fact is that we've had threads closed on us because people are generally wanting answers but when push comes to shove they're being ignored due to their own challenging behaviour.
I personally wouldn't start up a thread that rubbishes the developers on here and then wants version 2.3 to come out because they're impatient.

I am not sold on IPB so would / will migrate to Discourse.
Did you know that they removed post numbers over a decade ago? They point blank refuse to add them back, even as an ACP option, either. For me, this is a dealbreaker.

I actually have a full IPB license too (expired) that I bought off someone years ago and keep it as a standby should XF ever become untenable, which I think is unlikely. Thing is, if they go cloud only, then that license will become useless, sigh.

People will be disappointed, as always, when you launch a product or a software even if is established is really difficult to meet the "vocal minority" expectations.

Nonetheless people will renew their license and gladly accept every update they can obtain. Most of them will be happy, some of them will not. Maybe someone will consider to change software, maybe.

Is a huge investment for someone change the platform they are based on. An update is better than nothing and probably enough to keep people on board.

I have a feeling they will address everything in the first post of this update when they will be ready to tease it.

No point to say something now to build again expectations and fail to meet them again.
Of course some people will complain no matter what, but I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the reasonable expectations of the majority.

For me, I've not renewed my license for the point update released a couple of months ago, not least because I'm on XF Cloud nowadays so I'd only run it locally for testing purposes. I do intend to renew once a more significant update comes out though, even if it's not 2.3.

Re the bold bit: still, radio silence is a bad thing which is giving rise to all these negative comments about development and people's imaginations running riot with some people beginning to suspect the worst (no, I'm not one of them).

Devs @Chris D @Kier @Jeremy P @NixFifty, if this post would encourage you to communicate with us a little something, a lot of us would be very grateful and would help to dampen the wild speculation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom