XenWord Pro [Deleted]

Hello,

first sorry my english is not the best. all what i can tell you, that the bridge works perfect. all my sites from wordpress are in the top ten from google. the sites from wordpress are all better ranked as my xenforo sites.

i have bought here so many addons and all was crap (jaxels portal, article-system and and). now with wordpress for the articles and with xenforo as commentforum our site is running so hard, that we must rent a second server.

my new site was startet on 1.2.2015 and we have now over 45k visitors every day. ask lph he has seen, what goes up on our site and this in a very short time :) our forum we use only as commentforum - the most users dont use it, the most users read the articles and then they jump away.

lph gives really good support and the quality of the bridge is really good. it was the best thing what i have bought. wordpress with a good theme and xenforo....is really good.

i will switch all my other sites in the next weeks to this combination - wordpress+xenforo without any other addons.........

i hope this infos will help you. and again sorry for my bad english.

Hello Jorgk,

Thank you! Finally an answer from a user too! :D
Your English is fine, I can understand perfectly what you are saying..

Okay thank you very much for taking the time to write this information for me, I really appreciate it.
I am curious as to what this can do you see. So I appreciate this very much!

So in short,; Xenforo is good. Xenforo and Wordpress is better - and you have seen the results first hand?
Sounds like you have a busy site! PM me a link perhaps?

Anyway, thank you very much. I appreciate this information a lot.
Kind regards
Glock

I'm a little confused about the login relationship. Does this create a wordpress account for every (allowed) forum member?

Can users fill out their wordpress profile?

Will this work if my forum is root and wordpress in /blog?

Last edited:
Also if I use xenword for awhile what happens if I deactivate it? Are all the entries and authors still preserved?

Also with the thread creation for comments, it stuck me, why not just make a blog forum. What is the advantage of using wordpress and doesn't this create some near duplicate content.

Last edited:
Using the 7 day demo and when I save absolute path setting I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/physicsf/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php on line 22

update: actually I get this error everywhere now

Using XF 1.4.6

Using the 7 day demo and when I save absolute path setting I get

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home/physicsf/public_html/library/Lgpl/utf8.php on line 22

update: actually I get this error everywhere now

Using XF 1.4.6

This means mbstring is not installed.

This is for XenWord 2.5. There are two new major features as well as bug fixes for widgets.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When will this be released? I'm looking to install next week.

Sorry. It probably will not be released next week. I've slowed down development so that the next version is released when WordPress 4.2 is available. However, I didn't get out a beta in time for testing due to an issue with a new feature not working (Adv. User Mapping). This means it'll be after WP 4.2 is released -- WP is RC right now.

A look at the Adv. User Mapping included in XenWord 2.5

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This will only work for one Secondary User Group. Otherwise the WP admin can change WP Roles within the WP User Panel.

XenWord 2.5.0.03 Beta Release

This is an exciting release for me. It is the 75th version of the plugin. Wow. This makes my head shake.

After a month of tinkering with a few new features, this beta is ready for developers to hammer on and provide feedback. In particular, push the Advanced User Mapping feature to the limit and see what happens. The new Redux Framework needs testing in different environments, too. The last change to RF caused JavaScript conflicts for a few users.

(75) Beta Release 2.5.0.03
Upgraded Redux Framework v3.5.1
Tested with WordPress 4.2-RC2-32230 and WordPress 4.1.2
New Option: Show Article Management System Article count on board total Widget
Bug Fix: class-xenword-thread-creation.php

AMS Support
Bob hasn't released this little gem yet -- but -- XenWord now supports the article system because it is used on the XenWord site.

XW25003-AMS Support.webp

Last edited:
AMS Support
Bob hasn't released this little gem yet -- but -- XenWord now supports the article system because it is used on the XenWord site.

View attachment 104253

What exactly does that do?

I am looking for a solution to promote posts to the front page with ease. But I want my front to be in wordpress. Will this in anyway allow that to take place?

Just to confirm. At the moment there is no way to set a usergroup to have blog permissions?

In 2.5 you can map a user to a permission, but it says it only works with one usergroup. Does that mean if a user has two secondary usergroup, it will not work?

Last edited:
Really interested to use this add-on

Does it work when wordpress site is domain.com and the forum is forum.domain.com, and they are installed on different server?

In 2.5 you can map a user to a permission, but it says it only works with one usergroup. Does that mean if a user has two secondary usergroup, it will not work?

No. The second would be added through the WP panel. XenWord is designed for user level interaction.

LPH updated XenWord with a new update entry:

Major Release

This is a major release, adding many new features as well as including important bug fixes. All owners of active licenses should download this release due to a potential SSL vulnerability in previous versions of Redux Framework.

This code is marked internally as a release candidate because the advanced user mapping feature has not been fully tested. Feedback is welcome in the forums.

Major New Features:
Advanced user mapping (release candidate code)
Can move threads from within...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The comments below the Tux Reports announcement post show some of the fixes for attach and bbCode.

Is there any place where I can see the WP widget that surfaces XF content in WP in action?

I don't use it on my site right now (used to use it all over the place). Maybe I can fix up a page later today. For now I'm focusing on the major release for today.

Top Bottom