XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything in this addon sounds completely amazing, except this part. The smarter code guru's need to fix this for the dumb end user (cough cough). Thats not something were going to know about if you don't mention it.

But this is a truly awesome addition to the addon's list. $60 isn't $#i+ so when I get another forum, damn straight they will be linked.

This is something I always wanted VB to do, but they always had crap, hard coded, solutions (haven't been back to see them since XF came out and never will), and this is super awesome and pretty easy to install and use from what I gather.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Andrew

(will definitely buy when I have 2 websites)

Like I said, it's completely irrelevant unless you are testing the addon. An end-user will never be affected by this. If for some reason he already had an active session and the script was therefore unable to log him in automatically, he will just have to resort to logging in manually, but as far as he is concerned he was going to do so anyway.

The auto login feature is just a nice extra for end-users.

Everything in this addon sounds completely amazing, except this part. The smarter code guru's need to fix this for the dumb end user (cough cough). Thats not something were going to know about if you don't mention it.
As Nathan mentioned, this would be irrelevant under normal circumstances, because you would only register once and login at each site using your registered username.

It would only affect people who try and use multiple usernames on the same site, so possibly site admins who run several names for testing purposes using different account permissions. Again though, admins normally do this in multiple browser windows simultaneously for test and effect purposes.

All that happens anyway is that you would keep getting an error when trying to register a new username in an existing session where another username is logged into a network site in that session. Most people would perform some basic things like closing their browser, logging out of the other sites, etc... which they would find fixes the session issue for them.

Basically, it doesn't just leave you in the dark, you will get error messages.

The reason why I mentioned it in the prior post about the public demonstration network is so that those putting it through serious testing of multiple usernames to see if they are reserved, what happens when trying to register a username on a slave that is not registered on that slave yet, though exists at the master, etc, don't run into that issue within the same browser, and they do it using different browsers.

All that happens anyway is that you would keep getting an error when trying to register a new username in an existing session where another username is logged into a network site in that session. Most people would perform some basic things like closing their browser, logging out of the other sites, etc... which they would find fixes the session issue for them.

Being logged in with another account on another site certainly shouldn't interfere with you registered on a different networked site, did you experience this? The only thing that should happen is that you won't be automatically logged in with the same account on other sites, as you are already logged in on those sites.

Sorry... speaking only about being on the same network whilst simultaneously trying to register multiple usernames on the same network sites to test whether they become reserved or not, whilst in the same browser. That produces an error when trying to do that due to an open session in a site on the same network.

Sorry... clarification for those testing on the same network.

Just thought to address the pricing issue. I actually paid a lot more than 60 as I helped fund this but I think $60 is a steal. You getting the functionality to have a netwrok of forums, something that if used correctly can have nice returns as enabling the same login across multiple forums will increase cross-forum activity.

I have this running on four of my forums live and it works fine. :) Msg me for the exact links and I'll be happy to show.

I was busy moving the last 2 weeks so I totally missed this release.
I'll be watching the progress on this, can't wait to setup my network!
I'll likely purchase it shortly and do some testing of my own before setting it up on my live sites.
$60 is a steal!

*just purchased it.. going to setup a few test installs tonight if I get time :D*

Be sure to give us your feedback Brandon! :)
will do
I went to test it on my live site last night (ya I know..lol)
and I was very very TRIED

but I had an error when trying to save the keys on the slave site so I disabled both the master and slave and will take a look again soon, friday at the latest

the error said something about missing field, I had both keys and the master url according to the master board URL
like I said, I was tried so I may of messed something up but I went over the steps very carefully

It took me a few tries to get it right. I would say that you should over the slave url, master url and the white list of domains. Missing a trailing / or something will cause this.

Fantastic idea and something I'm considering - but I'm curious about how banning works in this scenario?

Is it a case of banned from one = banned from all? or would you still need to ban someone through the ACP on all sites?

Presumably usergroup privs, forum access, etc. is all still controlled at site level just as it is now? there's no "global" user account actions as such?

Cheers,
Shaun :D

It took me a few tries to get it right. I would say that you should over the slave url, master url and the white list of domains. Missing a trailing / or something will cause this.
thanks, now I think I may be getting an error with the user sync, I posted on it naatan's site here but is xenforo.com better for support of the addons?

I haven't really had time to look at the newer addon manager that's setup here yet.

It only bans from the individual site. Every user is uniquely profiled onto each site, independent everything except login.

So it manages the basic username/password details and applies them to all slave/sister sites - but then you manage the "user" separately on each site after that?

So you could ban user "Bob" at one of your sites but he'd still be able to still login at the others; and if you want to ban "Bob" at all of your forums you'd need to login to the ACP at each one. Okay, that makes sense. Cool.

Thanks,

Sorry, one more question: Does the new member have to register at the "Master" site for their account details to be created/shared to the sister sites? Or does it not matter which site in the group they register at?

Cheers,

Sorry, one more question: Does the new member have to register at the "Master" site for their account details to be created/shared to the sister sites? Or does it not matter which site in the group they register at?
It doesn't matter which site they register, they automatically get registered at the master, just not other slaves.

If you register on slave 1, you get registered at master, but not at slave 2, 3, 4, etc... until you login at those sites for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom