• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenQuotation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Version 0.2.0 has just been released. Important changes are:
  • Can edit quotations!
  • Title of single quote view page now includes a snippet of the quote
  • Tidy up of some of the code to match the way of the XenForo
  • BB code that is disallowed is totally removed (i.e. [ b] would be removed, rather than just left unconverted to HTML)
  • Random quotation function wasn't very good, it has been improved

One questions :)

- Hard delete and html enable was add ?

- Hard delete and html enable was add ?

Yes you can now hard delete quotations (the inline moderation stuff lets you do it) Not sure what you mean by HTML enable.

The bit that lets you disable specific BB codes was changed so that if you disable a BB code rather than it just being left in it's raw form in the quotation, it is totally removed (e.g. "[b ]hello[/ b]" => "hello" if the bold tag is disabled, or "hello" if it's allowed)

I remember these from about 15 years ago on IRC, good stuff, people always enjoyed quoting people out of context. =) Makes people actually pay even more attention, trying to see how they can mess with each other. hehe

I imagine this could also be used easliy as an article system. I'll give it a shot on my test board.

Can I make a request for Attachment support? It'd be quite nice if, instead of displaying my avatar next to every quote, I can display a picture of who the quote is attributed to..

Thanks for considering.

Can I make a request for Attachment support? It'd be quite nice if, instead of displaying my avatar next to every quote, I can display a picture of who the quote is attributed to..

Thanks for considering.
Attachment support for user-end is not a good idea but I think we should have an ACP option to add predefined Authors list, And (in the ACP) ability to upload single image for each Author.
On first page I suggested few interesting features for future updates (including the Authors), so this add-on can become a complete quotations solution.

That'd be a good alternative, though probably a bit more work I'd imagine.
Yes. Imagine, you have 50 users who posts Shakespeare's quotations, each user will have first to search Shakespeare's image and then attach with quote. In the result your image folder will store 50 images for only Shakespeare's quotes, a lot of images for a single Author.
Instead of this, if you have predefined Authors list in the ACP, you just need to upload an image once per author. On front-end user just type Shak.. and Shakespeare will be appeared to select (same Ajax search like in Conversation and Find member). So you'll save your disk and your users time too, Simple and easy way.

The query count seems unusually high to me for the XenQuotation index.? Some comparisons;
XenQuotation: 35 queries (75 quotes spanning 3 pages)
[LN] Blog: 13 queries (7 entries)
XenMedio: 17 queries (72 videos)
XenForo Forum: 12 queries (17 discussions)

Any reason for it? Could it be optimised? I'm running Version 0.2.0

The query count seems unusually high to me for the XenQuotation index.? Some comparisons;
XenQuotation: 35 queries (75 quotes spanning 3 pages)
[LN] Blog: 13 queries (7 entries)
XenMedio: 17 queries (72 videos)
XenForo Forum: 12 queries (17 discussions)

Any reason for it? Could it be optimised? I'm running Version 0.2.0

That does sound somewhat high, I never actually did any real optimisation on the queries so I'll look into it.

Also, a bug report for you..

One of my users submitted a quote, but I changed their "Attributed To" entry in the Moderation Queue and then Approved it. On the XenQuotation index it still shows what they entered, yet when I try and edit the quote again, it shows my edit.

[EDIT]
Seems that the attributed_user_id field didn't get updated in the edit, but the attributed_username did. Not sure if this was because my edit didn't involved a registered user (user_id 0), or if it's just a general bug..

Also, a bug report for you..

One of my users submitted a quote, but I changed their "Attributed To" entry in the Moderation Queue and then Approved it. On the XenQuotation index it still shows what they entered, yet when I try and edit the quote again, it shows my edit.

[EDIT]
Seems that the attributed_user_id field didn't get updated in the edit, but the attributed_username did. Not sure if this was because my edit didn't involved a registered user (user_id 0), or if it's just a general bug..

Raised: https://github.com/sheepcow/XenQuotation/issues/31

Looking great! Once my community starts getting some activity I'll most likely implement it! :)

This is a really nice add-on to my website. Excellent work (y)

I have a few questions. Is there a way i can change the blue text without affecting the rest of my board?

I have 5 other add-ons in my sidebar and can't get this positioned were i would like. Is there some code i could place in the sidebar to call the Quotations so i could place it easer?

quote.webp

On my travels i also noticed that all users can view the deleted moderated posts in the "All Quotation" section. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom