[Xenmods] Advertising [Paid] [Deleted]

There isn't a lite version or a demo that you can fully test with. However, http://xenmods.com/advertising/ is the system. If you register and deposit $5 into your account, I'll manually upgrade your account to the beta tester level for a month which is a premium member and you receive $5 off any purchase. So basically you'd be paying $50 if you choose to buy it but the first $5 you get to test with. If you don't like it I'll refund the initial $5.

I have not done any testing with responsive. I didn't add any code to make it responsive but it is set up as a widget which generally goes in the sidebar and is responsive by default. In short, probably not.

You can place an ad anywhere bd widget framework lets you place a widget. If there's not a template hook by default, you could add a template mod that creates one and then use that for your positioning.

Still working on it. Had some family come visit so I didn't work on my stuff too much last week. I'll get an update out this week with the ability to add funds to users accounts and integration bad pay gates. I'll also set an option for the navigation bar like you want.

Is this add-on still being worked on? I noticed the latest version still shows Beta, and was last released in September.

Very interested in purchasing.

Edit to add a few questions:

1. Can the admin add "filler" ads?
2. Does it rotate ads? Or are they static?
3. If ads rotate, can they be given weight?
4. Can ads be added from sites like CJ or Google Adsense?

Thanks.

Last edited:
This add on is still being developed.

The admin sets default HTML for if there is no ad yet for each widget.
The ads are static. The one with the highest bid is displayed until it's budget is reached.
Ads cannot be added like that.

Is there a way to sell ads to one sub forum? What I would like to do is allow a club to have a section on my car forum. I allow it now but I would like to be able to allow them to sell ads to their own section. It would be nice if I could set it up so that it would pay me x% and then pay the rest to the member I have set to run that sub forum. Is this possible?

James

You can pick where to display it the same way as every other widget with "bd Widget Framework" I believe he has in his system the ability to choose specific nodes.

This add on is still being developed.

The admin sets default HTML for if there is no ad yet for each widget.
The ads are static. The one with the highest bid is displayed until it's budget is reached.
Ads cannot be added like that.

Thanks for the info. I've opted to go with an outside ad-server/manager and just use the "ad_" templates in Xenforo.

@Daniel Hood Still waiting to see this addon fully developed with multiple flat rate slots and hopefully a version that does not use widget framework - makes my site so buggy I cannot use t=it . .

Any news on this? It'd be ideal for my site, but I'm wary of paying for a Beta, especially after a couple of other ad manager addons didn't really do everything I wanted them to.

Thanks for the info. I've opted to go with an outside ad-server/manager and just use the "ad_" templates in Xenforo.
Did you find something that also allowed users to bid on ad spots? That's the bit from this addon that I need, and can't seem to find it anywhere else.

Did you find something that also allowed users to bid on ad spots? That's the bit from this addon that I need, and can't seem to find it anywhere else.

My site is a small, niche site, so there isn't enough companies out there to require them to bid on placement.

I'm not sure why you opted to have the bid pay as the first feature since many people use fixed rates with forums. Most forums are niche websites. You had a guaranteed sale here but the bid pay system is useless for those of us with niche sites. (My niche sites are big but the marketing isn't strong enough for them to compete for impressions.) I will be following this but since I need it now as part of my upgrade, I will likely be going with someone else or a custom script. This had potential.

Top Bottom