• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenFx Ad Manager

A couple of month's ago I had a quick conversation with a member here that conflicted with my ethos. Because of that conversation I decided to take a full time job, that pays very well to do what I love doing. Although this job consumes all of my day I am in a position to create various applications that will benefit Xenforo, and it's community. XenFX Ad Manager does not quite fulfill that in it's currents state, but what I have coming will. All the code I write for my new employer I will post here.

I'm sorry if this is not what you want to read, but you can thank one of the members, I sure will, as you never know where opportunity comes. :)

Good to know things are working out for you. =) I'm disappointed because well... I could use such a mod, now. ;) But completely understand and can't wait to see what you're working on and doing in general. Thanks!

So where the heck do we go from here? I have been holding off customers for months promising them this was going to be finished soon... Now they are pissed at me and my name is mud. . IS there anything like this in the works anywhere else?

If you need it that bad, you might want to consider paying for it. Maybe ask the OP in a PM or something, I dunno. But... you can't make promises to people based on freeware, because as good as some of it is, you get what you pay for and really, you can't blame the author of this mod for promises you made.

I support everyone with donations...

As for blaming someone..

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests' started by Lawrence, Jun 25, 2011. is when this all started, after the months long thread that predated this...

Go read the very first post in this topic... Then go through the whole thread and read all the posts about Lawrence working on things and just needing to cleanup and test a few things before release...

Then go read where I even took his side and told people to have a patients with him..

The only "promises" I made was that a well respected programmer was working on a solution for ads and he was posting information that led me to believe he was close to releasing the work. I was reading and watching his progress thread and to have patience, it would come..

I understand things change and life gets in the way sometimes Lawrence, it happens all the time.. I just thought you were working on something "special" and thus my disapointment when it didn't happen..

I'm off to figure out how to intergrate OpenX into XenFora... Wish me luck!

Actually, I think swatkins is right. And to be kind of blunt, but not unfair: No one forced Lawrence to tell us he was close to finishing the Addon and it only needed a few tests to publish it. And: He did not let us know that things changed for him - and us. So on the one hand Lawrence was right deciding what was best for him, but on the other hand I think he should have played with open cards. So I am (!) disappointed.

So where the heck do we go from here? I have been holding off customers for months promising them this was going to be finished soon... Now they are pissed at me and my name is mud. . IS there anything like this in the works anywhere else?

I must say I agree, not to bash Lawrence, but I was going to have this mod custom coded for me a while back when I had the free funds available to do so, but when I saw this was being coded I invested that money elsewhere.

Now my liquid cash is nearly all gone due to investments in other projects and this is no longer an option.

If anyone is serious about wanting this, drop me a PC... I can't fund this entirely out my back pocket, but if we get a few people willing to donate for the development I can get it sorted.

This was supposed to be a free add-on, correct? If so, since it sounds like it was close to being done and a lot of work has already been completed, could Lawrence upload his current progress so that someone else can complete it? If not I am willing to donate with Slavik.

I am also willing to donate. What Lawrence was going to release was just about perfect for our site, and like Slavik, I held off because this would have fit our needs. Now with no release and nothing about possible future releases (either this piece or the new stuff he is working on), I will have to start digging for someone to code something up.

Russ

I must say I agree, not to bash Lawrence, but I was going to have this mod custom coded for me a while back when I had the free funds available to do so, but when I saw this was being coded I invested that money elsewhere.

Now my liquid cash is nearly all gone due to investments in other projects and this is no longer an option.

If anyone is serious about wanting this, drop me a PC... I can't fund this entirely out my back pocket, but if we get a few people willing to donate for the development I can get it sorted.
How much do you think it will take to get this mod coded?

xenforo runs great on my test forum with ads, I can do frequency capping, target time, regions etc. xf definitely needs these kind of apps :)

I sure hope that this thread will continue or at least somebody will post a link to the NEW thread that addresses this solution so we don't have to wade through all of the threads trying to locate where it went!

MANY thanks to whomever is willing...

Small question: what do you people currently use as an ad manager today in your forums? Or are you all new to the ad market or do you just put the ad in your html code? I went from openx to doubleclick.

Top Bottom