XenForo vs vB

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does this differ from vb? How is it better? its cheaper but im not sure right now if it is the right forum. Im leaning towards vbulletin because im familiar but im also lookng for a cheaper option.

Um, yeah it does? How do you know anything he's saying is the truth? Rofl, you'd rather trust Brogan than Ashley. Ashley issued a post just a few weeks ago, where there was no whiff of abandonment.
Ashley issued a post where there was no whiff of ANYTHING.
Kier issued a post in July, where there was no whiff of abandonment.
Kier issued a post where there was no whiff of ANYTHING. Other than directly contradicting Ashley's post a couple of days earlier.
The Devs took side jobs to support themselves until the lawsuit is over,
Did they? Has this been officially confirmed anywhere?

How come when i state my opinion, I get pulled to pieces because "it's not been stated", yet nobody seems to mind when this sort of nonsense is posted?
Hypocritically, the nay-sayers not only cast aspersions and gloom about abandonment, but also simultaneously mock Kier's determination to stick with XF to the end. It's a really hilarious hypocrisy.
I haven't mocked Kier's determination to see XF through to the end, because nowhere have I seen him even slightly hint that that is what he intends to do.

Did they? Has this been officially confirmed anywhere?
I intentionally added: whether or not they did, they should. I don't really know, but I'd rather see news of a temporary job, and return to XF, than some sort of heroic starvation.

I haven't mocked Kier's determination to see XF through to the end, because nowhere have I seen him even slightly hint that that is what he intends to do.
Ask Brogan, or read the coterie of banned naysayers at other forums. Brogan has several times labeled Kier a 'dreamer'. Simply stated like that. Additionally, we get from the official channels that there is every intention to see the lawsuit through. "Dreamer", then, refers to Kier's intention to see this through, and mockery of that fact by the aforementioned koterie of banned naysayers.

This label alone should restore the hopes of those who doubted where this would go. This label alone, uttered in enmity, backfires and refutes your hysterical claim of XF's abandonment.

I intentionally added: whether or not they did, they should. I don't really know, but I'd rather see news of a temporary job, and return to XF, than some sort of heroic starvation.
I'd rather see news of ANYTHING.
Ask Brogan, or read the coterie of banned naysayers at other forums. Brogan has several times labeled Kier a 'dreamer'.
He didn't, he linked to a post where someone else said "Kier is living in a dreamworld", which was incidental to the point being made.
I think Brogan has since expressly stated that he did NOT call Kier a dreamer.

And yet, Peter, although this is a threat to your business, you just carry on and you focus on doing what you can to add value to the product without bitterness and without part-taking in all the mud slinging and rumours.

You have an incredibly professional outlook on the situation, and I have a respect for that.

Although I don't have a business that depends on it, I take a similar view. Let's "continue supporting XenForo however we can" and see this through to the other side without all this "He says / she says" crap.

Thanks for your kind words, Chris :)

If I had no more faith in the situation, I'd not bother letting it be known, but I'd be busy making arrangements to move elsehwere. I still believe that XenForo has immense potential, and regardless of anything, it already is able to help me get stuff done in an easy and friendly way, and I still enjoy using it every time I deal with it. That makes it real easy for us to sell the product as well.

Important point. There is no lack of updates. An actual update was given. In summary, stuff sucks because of the lawsuit therefore no promises, let alone vague promises. It's pretty simple really.

The problem isn't lack of updates, it is a lack of what people want to hear, and of course people make XenForo responsible for what they want to hear. Little bit of dumping again. It's understandable, but of course XenForo isn't about to make promises just to satisfy want. That would amount to empty promises which is not a good business practice as some people here may have seen elsewhere.

I certainly appreciate that sentiment of not making promises you cannot keep Jake. However, it has been extremely quiet, and haters and gossipers found themselves with an audience. This is having an impact on XF Ltd, and frankly, I personally think that the last few official statements did enough to dispel some doubts.

vB5 is apparently failing to deliver. If XF Ltd wants to take things to the next level, now would be the time to act.

Just my 2 cents :)

Keep in mind Mark.B thinks vB5 is a great product
No I haven't.
.. And he dry pimps his vB4 site daily on the official vB support forums.. So much for credibility.
No I don't. It is not even in my sig. I have no interest in advertising me site, and certainly not to other forum owners.

Tell you what, when we can't defeat someone in an argument because we know they're telling the truth, let's just post some lies about them and attempt to smear their good character.

wait... a minute....I GOT IT!!!!! .... perpetuate the nonsense speculation...that ought to clear things up...he said she said will always give you the real answer. (y)
Which bit of it do you think is nonsense?

The bit about XenForo development having been halted?
The bit about the owners no longer running the company?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom